once again, complaining works: the snails are back in 2 weeks!

H82seaUgo

Anyone realize that they are coming back at the exact same time that the steak house price goes up $5 per person?

I believe the steakhouse was the ONLY place you could get them for some time, If I read the FB post correctly.

I heard on the news just yesterday that with the nationwide drought, we could expect to be paying 10 to 20% more for anything we eat come fall...

so, its not just the snails we should be worried about.

The thing is, as long as they're coming back it doesn't matter because the steak house was bound to go up in price anyway. How long are prices supposed to remain the same? :confused:

I for one would rather pay the extra $5 at the Steak House, than see something get cut or for quality to suffer.

We did lose something IMHO at least very much more important the PORTERHOUSE

I was thinking the same thing but who knows? Maybe H8's influence extends much further than any of us realize!! :eek:

It seems they are complaining on the NCL, Celebrity and RCl boards about the critters being cutback there as well. We had them on our Med cruise last fall but then, they were European products. Still available but a bit pricey.

Seems the next cutback expected by the cruise lines will be corn Flakes for breakfast. Absolutely no reason can be given for such a decision. Wheaties just aren't the same.

For those of you who are escargot fans, I want to say that you should get it in the steak house

It is really awesome...instead of just being presented in the little pools of butter, they are all individually placed in little cups of delicious pastry.

It is SO good.

P1020163-1.jpg

The plan is we order one carpaccio and one escargot and share. The best of both worlds.

Just got off the Magic today. Great cruise overall--a few bumps but we had mostly a good time. Will relate a story later.

But there were NO snails this week and it is the first time on any of our cruises in 26 years that the MDR did NOT have snails. I really missed those little tasty critters!!!

Glad to hear they will be back.

They are, by far, my very favorite appetizer on any cruise.

I'd like to just have the dish filled with garlic butter without the escargot. Once I asked for that and got a bowl of garlic butter that I poured on my baked potato. As Rachael says, "yummo."

There is no way I could eat escargot, so anyone is welcome to mine. I feel the same way about raw clams and squid too.

• 3 weeks later...
ewwww, that looks so gross.

I tried them once, that was enough. Someone can have my share.

Had them in the MDR on the Breeze last cruise. I tried, I really tried to like them, but all I can say is, they taste just the way they look! Sorry everyone. :(

source: the brand ambassador

i guess the drought, or the floods are over.

escargot.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/JohnHeald/posts/424685224240711

Great!!! I'd like to believe that it was my statement on my survey after my May cruise telling them that the Escargot is my favorite item on their menue and that I missed it very much but I doubt my opinion held that much influence so a lot of folks must have complained! :D

Great!!! I'd like to believe that it was my statement on my survey after my May cruise telling them that the Escargot is my favorite item on their menue and that I missed it very much but I doubt my opinion held that much influence so a lot of folks must have complained! :D

...so, if you complain and voice dissatisfaction it's OK????

How does one become exempt from flaming when voicing a complaint?

For those of you who are escargot fans, I want to say that you should get it in the steak house

It is really awesome...instead of just being presented in the little pools of butter, they are all individually placed in little cups of delicious pastry.

It is SO good.

P1020163-1.jpg

Those look delicious but rather than paying for something I can get for free I usually just get a crusty roll and use it to soak up some of that garlic butter...Yum! The picture on the OP's post doesn't look as good as they usually do when I've had them. They were topped with loads of melted cheese. I had them on Princess in June but while they were good they were not as good as Carnival's. Carnival puts more cheese on theirs.

...so, if you complain and voice dissatisfaction it's OK????

How does one become exempt from flaming when voicing a complaint?

I didn't complain! I told Carnival it was "my favorite item on their menu". And note that I told CARNIVAL my opinion in a survey that ASKED for it. I also told them all the things I especially loved about the cruise. I did not tell them that they "owe" me Escargot or that they have "Failed or Betrayed a loyal, deserving customer". I'm not trying to be mean but It just seems like too much drama sometimes and it starts to get old. No matter what the topic of the thread, the same tired, worn out complaints are voiced again and again. Subject of this thread is Escargots and our Joy that it has returned to the menu. NO COMPLAINTS HERE!!! :D

I'm not trying to be mean but It just seems like too much drama sometimes and it starts to get old. No matter what the topic of the thread, the same tired, worn out complaints are voiced again and again.

If CC made a 1 post per day per user limit people

would be more selective of what thread to bitch in!:)

I didn't complain! I told Carnival it was "my favorite item on their menu". And note that I told CARNIVAL my opinion in a survey that ASKED for it. I also told them all the things I especially loved about the cruise. I did not tell them that they "owe" me Escargot or that they have "Failed or Betrayed a loyal, deserving customer". I'm not trying to be mean but It just seems like too much drama sometimes and it starts to get old. No matter what the topic of the thread, the same tired, worn out complaints are voiced again and again. Subject of this thread is Escargots and our Joy that it has returned to the menu. NO COMPLAINTS HERE!!! :D

Well said! :)

If CC made a 1 post per day per user limit people

would be more selective of what thread to bitch in!:)

I wouldn't like that. I've got 3 cruises booked in the future and I wouldn't be able to respond to people in all 3 roll calls when they talk to me if I could only post once per day. :(

Archived