Oceania Riviera photos

goldengatecruisers

Thank you Hondorner for the detailed instruction. Here are some photos of the beautiful Riviera taken a couple of weeks ago. We were in 7133, a penthouse with extended balcony. Such a divine cabin and I would certainly book this one again. We loved the extra outside space and despite being 'on show' to the balconies above, the extra space far outweighed any compromise on privacy in our opinion. The suite is wonderful so if any of you are considering a splurge - DO IT! :)

AshleyP1120084.jpg

Wonderful pictures - thank you.

Just a note to others that may not be aware of this (although it has been discussed here).

This PH is a "trade off" of sorts - you get a much larger balcony but a "shorter" suite and smaller closet.

Depending on your preferences (interior vs exterior space) and the itinerary (i.e. weather) this may or may not be what you want.

Please keep posting more lovely pictures.

Actually PaulChili that is not entirely accurate. If I may elaborate... The penthouse at the end of the corridor #7135 is slightly narrower and has a smaller closet (we checked it out before passengers had embarked and the closet is really limited in size). So yes, you are correct, if one was to take #7135 there would certainly be a 'trade off' of sorts. It is important to note that #7135 has the big wrap-around balcony. The penthouse we had is #PH7133. It is the same size as a regular penthouse and has the extended balcony to the side of the ship. It is approximately 6ft deeper than regular balconies. I hope that helps clarify.

Ashley

Thanks for the photos! We're booked in 7128 for our April transAtlantic, the same cabin on the Port side of the ship (7130 is the corner cabin in that case). I, too, have seen the smaller corner penthouses, and I think I would miss the space in the closet and at the foot of the bed. If it was a port-intensive cruise in the Greek Isles, I think I'd love the wrap-around balcony at sail-away each day. But on a TA with only 4 sail-aways in 14 days, I think I'll stick with the larger cabin.

One question -- I kniow that the wraparound decks are very windy, because there's nothing to block the wind on the aft end. I'm hoping the balconies on 7133 and 7128 are less windy because of the partitions. did you find this to be so? Also (which makes two questions :rolleyes:), did you find the balcony to be wide enough to lessen the "tunnel vision" effect of the narrower balconies next to you?

Don - we were on a port intensive itinerary with very little time at sea other than at night time. Therefore I can not truly speak to how wind would affect that balcony. The partitions as you know are very high and extend all the way out to the railing so you have a lot of protection. We did not experience any wind issues at all. Mind you, temperatures were 40 degrees + and seas were calm so any breeze would have been welcome. I do not believe wind would be an issue unless the wind direction just happened to be hitting the ship at that location. As for tunnel vision we did not feel 'closed in' at all. The balcony was really spacious and wide enough to make everything feel 'open'. I think you will really enjoy the suite and the location.

Ashley

Great photos! And so timely. We have 7133 on Marina. I am looking to get the fantail if one opens as the small closet is of no concern to us on a non-formal ship and we travel light in any case. Wind is a problem I have never found on a fantail but it ceratinly can be port and starboard. However, the fantails on O are more exposed than is normal. Please do comment on "tunnel vision" as Don asked. :)

Spook1 - I made comment on the tunnel vision in the last couple of sentences of my post. We felt the balcony was wide and spacious and did not feel closed in. I have seen the extended balconies on the standard balcony staterooms and know what you are referring to. In my opinion, tunnel vision was not an issue for this particular penthouse balcony. I hope that helps.:)

Ashley

Thank you. It appears the suite veranda is half again as wide so this helps the tunnel vision problem. Look forward to more photos of 7133. A side by side comparison of 7130/7133 would answer a multitude of questions. I know the mini-suites on some Princess ships ships have the extended balcony and I found the "look" down of no concern.

• 3 weeks later...

Love.II.Cruise, yes - BOTH wrap around PH suites had loungers around the back. The chairs and table were positioned in front of the sliding glass doors and the loungers out of view facing the wake (how lovely!). If you look at the photo of the Riviera stern you will see them - they are tiny in the photo but you can make them out.

I just want to point out that we had the sun loungers on our extended PH balcony but the extended PH suite on the port side did not. It is possible the guests on the port side asked for theirs to be taken away because they definitely did not have them. This I know because I was able to look down on them from our friends Oceania Suite above and I noticed right away they did not have loungers. Also, I did not see any loungers on the standard veranda cabins with extended balcony - but that is not to say that one couldn't request loungers from their stewardess. I am sure if they would satisfy the request if they had enough loungers on board.

Ashley

Also, I did not see any loungers on the standard veranda cabins with extended balcony - but that is not to say that one couldn't request loungers from their stewardess. I am sure if they would satisfy the request if they had enough loungers on board.

Ashley

I have 7129, a standard veranda with the extended balcony in March. I'll be requesting a lounge chair from my cabin attendant. I love to read on the balcony and would enjoy being more comfortable. I hope they can accommodate me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ashley, I was so excited to find your pictures when I did a search of the forum for 7128 which, as you know, is the same cabin on the port side. We just booked 7128 for 1/3/2013 in the Caribbean.

This will be our first Oceania cruise so I'm reseaching like crazy! Couple questions .... does this cabin have a walk-in closet? And if so, is it really roomy? Helps me with what to pack:)

Also, I know people can look down and see you from above, but isn't a part of it under cover? It appears from the diagrams and photos I found that it is.

Thanks so much!

does this cabin have a walk-in closet? And if so, is it really roomy? Helps me with what to pack

7128 has the standard size Penthouse walk in closet which is quite large.

165908.jpg

I know people can look down and see you from above, but isn't a part of it under cover?

The first six feet of the veranda (closest to the cabin door) are covered by the floor of the deck 8 verandas.

165046.jpg

Hope that this helped, enjoy your cruise!

Archived