Dawn Deck 12 Noise

crimmper

I am currently booked in a mid-ship Balcony on deck 9 on the Dawn. I was thinking of switching to a mid-ship mini-suite on deck 11. The cabin I am looking at is right under the garden cafe.:eek:

How noisy can it get under the garden cafe (I am guessing the most noise would be from the crew setting up in the AM & cleaning up in the PM)

Thanks in advance to all who reply

I am currently booked in a mid-ship Balcony on deck 9 on the Dawn. I was thinking of switching to a mid-ship mini-suite on deck 11. The cabin I am looking at is right under the garden cafe.:eek:

How noisy can it get under the garden cafe (I am guessing the most noise would be from the crew setting up in the AM & cleaning up in the PM)

If you are a night owl and an early riser - go for it! (most people are not both) ... otherwise bring earplugs and go for it anyway, but only it's little to no money for the upgrade -- OR if you are traveling with more than two people in the cabin .... (mini suite it much better for more than two in the cabin.)

Otherwise, avoid the noise (if it's only one or two in the balcony cabin) and spend the money elsewhere on the cruise!

hope this helps,

Karen

Probably the only noise you may hear from above is when the crew is dragging the pool-side furniture around in the morning as they clean the deck and prepare for the day. Should not be all that much, but there probably will be some.

Not as much noise in those cabins that are below the buffet dining area...that is carpeted.

Switch. More room, larger bath w/tub. We just got off today, we were in 11536, which is forward, and there were suites above us, not the cafe, so I'm not really answering your question but commenting on the greatness of the cabin, imho. And even though our cabin was forward, we did not feel any additional motion because of it. Actually, I loved it...a quick hop up the stairs and you were at the pool. In our cabin we heard nothing above, below or beside, with the exception of the occasional obnoxious slamming of the cabin door by a fellow guest. It was a great cruise, the smoothest sailing I've experienced to Bermuda yet. Have fun!

Well we went to the travel agent and made the switch from a balcony to a mini-suite.:D Mini-Suite is not under the garden Cafe. It is situated a little forward of the pool. Now we just have to wait for November. I hate waiting :)

If you are a night owl and an early riser - go for it! (most people are not both) ... otherwise bring earplugs and go for it anyway, but only it's little to no money for the upgrade -- OR if you are traveling with more than two people in the cabin .... (mini suite it much better for more than two in the cabin.)

Otherwise, avoid the noise (if it's only one or two in the balcony cabin) and spend the money elsewhere on the cruise!

hope this helps,

Karen

On my last cruise on the Star, I was upgraded to a balcony under the Garden Cafe. I did hear the scraping of chairs, but it was nothing horrible or nothing that woke me up. To me it was bearable, but then again we do not spend alot of time in our room.

Switch. More room, larger bath w/tub. We just got off today, we were in 11536, which is forward, and there were suites above us, not the cafe, so I'm not really answering your question but commenting on the greatness of the cabin, imho. And even though our cabin was forward, we did not feel any additional motion because of it. Actually, I loved it...a quick hop up the stairs and you were at the pool. In our cabin we heard nothing above, below or beside, with the exception of the occasional obnoxious slamming of the cabin door by a fellow guest. It was a great cruise, the smoothest sailing I've experienced to Bermuda yet. Have fun!

We will be in 11570 in a few weeks. I worried about whether there would be noise from the pool above. I hope not. I love this itinerary and am hopeful the ship will be good. We were on the Epic last summer in Western Med so that is hard to beat.

We stayed in 11612 on the Dawn this past Feb. It was one of only 4 balconies on deck 11 with a balcony to match the size of the minisuites. It was great. I think it was located underneath and between the pool and the garden Cafe above and right next to the elevators (a quick up and down for a snack or to the pool)- didn't hear a thing. Anyone sailing the Dawn just looking for a balcony should book one of those four cabins to get the extra balcony size for the price of a balcony. I would do it in a heartbeat again if it was offered on other ships. It was tight at first until we got everything put away (over the door shoe rack for the bathroom - I bring one of those fold down shoe racks to hang in the closet (keeps shoes off the floor) -I bring my own hangars to not take so much room, all the little tricks that keep things organized.

We will be in 11570 in a few weeks. I worried about whether there would be noise from the pool above. I hope not. I love this itinerary and am hopeful the ship will be good. We were on the Epic last summer in Western Med so that is hard to beat.

There should be no noise from above. I heard nothing at all. I hope you have a great time. I enjoyed this ship, although in 22 cruises this ship was the most difficult to navigate. It actually became comical to us.:p

Archived