Port Question

kayrob

When a ship leaves a port, how early do you have to return to the ship? In Juneau, it departs at 10:00 p.m. - just wondering how much time I'll have to squeeze as much in as I can.'

When a ship leaves a port, how early do you have to return to the ship? In Juneau, it departs at 10:00 p.m. - just wondering how much time I'll have to squeeze as much in as I can.'

Normally all passengers mujst be back on the ship 30 minutes before the scheduled sailing time. The "be back" time is usually posted as you exit the ship. Don't be late!

Typically on board 30 minutes before departure time. They will pull up the gang plank then or shortly thereafter. This may change depending on the port, they will post the required time onboard and at the gangway on the way off the ship.

Not sure if it applies for your cruise but you stay on ship time and not local time.

All NCL cruises we've ever been on, the ship always is on the local port time. Clocks are adjusted the night before arriving at the next port.

All NCL cruises we've ever been on, the ship always is on the local port time. Clocks are adjusted the night before arriving at the next port.

Not the case in Bermuda. Also most cruise I have been on the ship does not change time.

Not the case in Bermuda. Also most cruise I have been on the ship does not change time.

We've cruised to Bermuda countless times...including many on NCL, and the ship always adjusted to local time. They do it while you're at sea, not when the ship arrives, so perhaps you lost track of the change.

Almost all other cruises (about 40 in total, on 7 or 8 different cruise lines) we've been on have adjusted to local time...one exception I can remember was a cruise to Atlantic Canada.

As far as I can tell, Carnival is the cruise line that most often doesn't adjust to local time.

We've cruised to Bermuda countless times...including many on NCL, and the ship always adjusted to local time. They do it while you're at sea, not when the ship arrives, so perhaps you lost track of the change.

Almost all other cruises (about 40 in total, on 7 or 8 different cruise lines) we've been on have adjusted to local time...one exception I can remember was a cruise to Atlantic Canada.

As far as I can tell, Carnival is the cruise line that most often doesn't adjust to local time.

NJ is correct, all NCL cruises I have been on including Bermuda change the night before to the port local time. They put the notice in the Freestyle Daily and also leave a card on your bed.:D

Kev:cool:

All of our NCL cruises, the time we have used is local time, not ship time. (They give you notices in your rooms in the evening as to time changes for the next day.)

As for when you return to your ship, we never cut it too close - I believe 30 minutes is the requirement. But we like to sit on our deck and watch the runners coming back to the ship, bags flying, and once in awhile you'll see one who misses the ship. I can't imagine what that must feel like!

Archived