Kids rooming with cousins

Agree, we need to know their ages.

Also, is your question whether RCL will allow your son to be officially booked in the room with cousins who are across the hall from their parents? Or is it whether you can make this happen on board but DS stays officially booked into your cabin?

RCCL does not care if someone sleeps in a different cabin than they are booked. For technical purposes you will need to have your child booked with you so you have the same muster spot and same account. Are you asking in a general "hey parents what do you think of this?" I'd be cautious of opening that can of worms! You will get a lot of responses regarding tips, and children's behavior, and parenting advice. Do what works for you. Yes that child CAN sleep in the other room.

The child can be booked in the cousins room, if the cousins room is either next to across from yours OR your Sisters. You will need to check in together, OR your sister will need a notorized letter from you giving her permission to tkae your child on the cruise, sign waivers, authorize medical attention etc. A child in another cabin and reservation, can still be included on your sea pass account

We are traveling with my sisters family.... Would it be problem to have my son room with her kids? they have a room across from their kids. Would there be any issues with this?

Does the cousins' room have pull down berths or a sleeper sofa? i.e. will it actually accommodate 3+ people? Many cabins don't.

Sorry... I'm new to cruising. My son will be 14 and I know will spend most of his time with his 16 yr old cousin. There is also an 18 yr old in the same cabin. Wasn't sure if we should book them together or if that would make things too difficult or if he could sleep there even if not booked in that room.

The room is across the hall from my sisters.

Sorry... I'm new to cruising. My son will be 14 and I know will spend most of his time with his 16 yr old cousin. There is also an 18 yr old in the same cabin. Wasn't sure if we should book them together or if that would make things too difficult or if he could sleep there even if not booked in that room.

You can book him into his cousin's cabin.

You should probably book him into the cabin to ensure a triple for sleeping - you also could link all three reservations together - is your cabin also close to your sister and the kids?

We are traveling with my sisters family.... Would it be problem to have my son room with her kids? they have a room across from their kids. Would there be any issues with this?

Why not ring RCL to get an answer. It would be quick and painless and you would have your answer.

I would dobule check with RCI about your son staying in the other cabin if that cabin is not directly across from or next to your own. I believe there were some threads here that they were not allowing minor children to be booked in cabins not next to/across from parents even if the child was staying with other family members. You could always book yourself or your husband in the cousins' cabin and then just switch once onboard.

I would dobule check with RCI about your son staying in the other cabin if that cabin is not directly across from or next to your own. I believe there were some threads here that they were not allowing minor children to be booked in cabins not next to/across from parents even if the child was staying with other family members. You could always book yourself or your husband in the cousins' cabin and then just switch once onboard.

If it's not across from the parents, but across from the family, then they may require a notorized letter, that's all and if the reservations are linked, then probably not that

We did this last week on Explorer. My boys 15 and 17 were across the hall from our cabin. Their cousin, 16, roomed with them. His parents were way down the hall. RCL had no problem with this. All of our reservations were linked. My DH was booked with the kids, but he moved to my cabin after we boarded. He got an extra key from guest services.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks y'all.... What would be the reason for linking the reservations and can the reservations be linked if they booked thru a TA and we did not?

You link the reservations in order to dine together at the same table. Also, they will know who the kids belong to. If you don't want to sit together at dinner, you should not link the reservations. If you booked through the same TA, the reservations are probably already linked. If not, you may want to get all the reservation numbers together and call your respective travel agents and/or RCL.

Archived