Captain Wilson

Hi Sandi, I will let you know...I get on PD on the 25th August...

another cruise on my favourite ship...

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Haha - your second home, I reckon, Lorraine. Thanks. :)

Cheers

Sandy

If he is the one I am thinking of ,you will be very pleased . The name rings a bell and I think we came across him when he was a First Officer and he took us on the Ultimate Tour of a Princess ship.

I remember thinking at the time that he would have been a better Captain than the one we had. I will check back and see. If it is the same one , his wife usually travels with him , and takes an active part in shipboard activities.:)

If he is the one I am thinking of ,you will be very pleased . The name rings a bell and I think we came across him when he was a First Officer and he took us on the Ultimate Tour of a Princess ship.

I remember thinking at the time that he would have been a better Captain than the one we had. I will check back and see. If it is the same one , his wife usually travels with him , and takes an active part in shipboard activities.:)

Hi Kiwi, you are right...I have had him as Captain before...couldn't remember before.

He would have been a better Captain than the one we had.
All just curious here what makes him a better Captain? How do you as passengers judge him?

I ask this as we did a couple of cruises and being ex-Navy the Captain we had that I felt most confident in was the one on Holland America who I think we only saw twice. On some ships, oddly enough the worst of these was Costa, the captain is wheeled out to give talks and host dinners and such.

I tend to think that as the guy ultimately responsible, and yes he has others reporting to him but he’s the boss, for the operation and safety of a floating island with 2,000 people on it he needs to be focused 24 / 7 on that task. I don’t really care if he doesn’t want to shake my hand or toast our health on stage. If I need to be sucked up to there’s cruise directors for that.

Oddly enough following the Concordia incident there were a number of comments made about the Captain and his Rock Star persona.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Sandi, I will let you know...I get on PD on the 25th August...

another cruise on my favourite ship...

Hi Lorraine,

Can we still have lunch in the MDR when we board, or is just the buffet open these days?

Not long for you now. :):)

Regards

Sandy

All just curious here what makes him a better Captain? How do you as passengers judge him?

I like a captain who keeps the passengers informed, particularly if there is very bad weather or a problem with the ship (such as loss of power etc.). Until the Costa Concordia tragedy I believed that all the captains would be competent, but maybe that isn't totally true.

Hi Lorraine,

Can we still have lunch in the MDR when we board, or is just the buffet open these days?

Regards

Sandy

Hi Sandy, I had lunch in dining room at each of my 3 cruises so far this year...so, can't see any change.

getting itchy feet now, it must be getting closer...ha ha.

still get excited lol.

Got another email today and Lee ---? is the cruise director.

Sandy.... Lee Oliver is lovely....English. he is married with family.

and Bobby will be A.CD gorgeous, funny Kiwi, usually does the Bingo.. she is Cole's cousin.

Hi Lorraine,

Regards

Sandy

The MDR was open for lunch on the first day on our recent 3 nighter on Dawn.

Archived