Sailing from Barcelona

Sorry this is about alcohol again, but I have searched and cannot find the answer on these boards.

Sailing Transatlantic in November from Barcelona. When we sailed with Norwegian from there last January they scanned cases and bags at the port and we just walked on the ship with no checks on board. The same at Malaga when we stopped.

The question is do Royal Caribbean also check cases and carry-on when you board the ship at these ports? I expect you know why I'm asking. Thanks to anyone who has the answer.

Sorry this is about alcohol again, but I have searched and cannot find the answer on these boards.

Sailing Transatlantic in November from Barcelona. When we sailed with Norwegian from there last January they scanned cases and bags at the port and we just walked on the ship with no checks on board. The same at Malaga when we stopped.

The question is do Royal Caribbean also check cases and carry-on when you board the ship at these ports? I expect you know why I'm asking. Thanks to anyone who has the answer.

:cool:I'm not going to tell you that they check you close --BUT--Make sure you have clean underwear on:cool:JACK I$ $AILING AGAIN

P.S. They should scan your bag

:cool:I'm not going to tell you that they check you close --BUT--Make sure you have clean underwear on:cool:JACK I$ $AILING AGAIN

P.S. They should scan your bag

:eek::eek: Is underwear a requirement now? I never wear underwear. Is this required for sailings from Barcelona only, or is it a general new rule? Just wondering if I´m in trouble and have to give up cruising in the future:(:eek:

barcelona port;

they scan your bags then you can walk through duty free shop buy what you want they dont scan you again:D

barcelona port;

they scan your bags then you can walk through duty free shop buy what you want they dont scan you again:D

Amazing how something that ought to be a "yes" or "no" question seems to have no real answer. 50% say you won't be scanned after the duty free shops / 50% say you will be. Does RCCL just randomly do it some times on some cruises and sometimes not on others? If that's the case, I guess you have to assume they will. I'm sailing from there on 8/21...we'll see what happens.

Is there a duty free shop at the Pier? I'll be sailing on Celebrity Equinox next year so I can bring on 2 bottles of wine. Since I'm flying in a day prior, I was planning on picking up Champagne before boarding the ship. Would I be better off at the pier or at Las Ramblas?

When I got on the Serenade in May, I went through normal security and then they had another scanner onboard that they were making people run their bags through. FYI.

Same for us in June. They didn't confiscate our water but there was a lot of alcohol being taken.

Thanks to those who replied to my query. Looks like they might or might not re-scan on board, so no trip to the Duty Free might be safest. Was only going to buy a couple of bottles of cheap wine to drink on the balcony.:mad:

I have cruised from Barcelona and Malaga many times and never been scanned after going through the port's security. If you want to be sure, embark your ship with your bags and then if no ship's scanner, return to the duty free area later and get yourself a couple bottles of something. As said previously, just be discrete.

Archived