Freedom Port Canaveral

Emmy, nice pic; I assume you took that with your ipad? then attached it to the forum.

Thank You ~ Did the print screen off my desk computer at home and posted it on the the webcam facebook page then posted it here.

We were headed down to watch sailaway at our favorite spot on the docks at Grills, when

the dark clouds rolled in and the weather warnings went up so we stayed home. No lightning,

but wow...what wind!! May have been a down burst here on Merritt Island, as it got really

wild for a few minutes. Took everyone by surprise and off guard. Do you think that is why they delayed?

Is this a permanent change? I don't want to be eating my dinner that early during my Allure cruise.
Our next 3 FR cruises (2-2012, 5-2012 & 1-2014) have early seating at 5:30 PM and late at 8 PM. we take late. On our rollcall, it was posted that early seating on our 2-10-2013 seating is full so the 5:30 PM time must be popular with those booking (although there is some type of group onboard in early seating).

We were headed down to watch sailaway at our favorite spot on the docks at Grills, when

the dark clouds rolled in and the weather warnings went up so we stayed home. No lightning,

but wow...what wind!! May have been a down burst here on Merritt Island, as it got really

wild for a few minutes. Took everyone by surprise and off guard. Do you think that is why they delayed?

Hi Pat!!

Quite possible, we were eating a late lunch at Captn Butchers in Sebastian, and the dark clouds came very quickly, along with a burst of very high winds, the tables and chairs on the deck were lifting in the air and 1 glass table shattered, only lasted about 2 mins but quite scarey at the time

Quite possible, we were eating a late lunch at Captn Butchers in Sebastian, and the dark clouds came very quickly, along with a burst of very high winds, the tables and chairs on the deck were lifting in the air and 1 glass table shattered, only lasted about 2 mins but quite scarey at the time

Yes, that is what we had also. Got real wild, real fast, with everything tossing up

in the air. Was quite the solid front that came through from the southeast and onto

shore. :eek:

She is on her way!!:):)

560876_463397247017399_108045571_n.jpg

Thanks, glad to see someone else saw her leave :-) My kids thought I was crazy. I have been watching Freedom leave the last few weeks and this past Sunday I just sat and stared as I watched the Carnival and Disney ship leave first.

Archived