Just Back Star 7/15-22

doberlady

Fish and Chips

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/doberlady/photo-22.jpg

They were good but like $25 or something like that. Would have been free on the ship LOL

But like I said it was a beautiful day and it was wonderful sitting there outside in the breeze. My husband and I had plans to go back one night just for drinks but never made it.

I had on expensive perscription sunglasses and turned my back and got whacked in the head with a large wave. When I got back up to the top of the water my glasses were not on my face. So now I am blind looking for my glasses.

Same thing happened to me in St. Maarten. I held onto my empty beer bottle, ball cap but lost a $400 pair of prescription sunglasses. The last I felt was they hit my foot and "Pffft they were gone".

Now I know why people wear the Croakies or some other type of strap on their sunglasses.

I didn't know we can insert pics in the postings! Thanks. Will try it

Let me try inserting a pic:

photo-22.jpg

Bingo - when you're posting, just click on the icon that looks like a frame with a mountain in it (right under the Undo button) and it will ask you for the image URL - just use the URLs you've been posting and the image will show up in your post. :cool:

Hmm, can anyone else see the fish & chips picture in my post above? It shows up as a pic when I look at it - weird!

All the pictures show up as links for me. That's true of everyone's pics-- I've never seen an embedded picture in a post, and I had no idea others did!

Hm, how strange! I've always seen pictures embedded in messages - maybe it's a message board setting you have enabled or even a browser issue?

Agreed that now I want some fish & chips! :D

I see them embedded to......must be either the browser or board settings stopping those that don't see the embedded photos.

Hi All, Sure wish I could order some fish & chips myself. Guess I will have to make dinner instead. We enjoyed ourselves very much on the Star. I didn't realize there were so many butlers. My DH and I were in an GS and DD and SIL were next door in an SJ on deck 12 and our butler was Jomar. He was good but we have had some that were outstanding. We didn't see Jomar until after dinner on Sunday. We usually see them before we even sail and they give us a run down on everything...like how to use the coffee maker...and what kind of snacks we wanted, etc. I had to ask about the coffee maker the next day. We ordered a few things for 5:00 and he did bring what we asked for. We did see Patrick most mornings when we were in Cagney's for breakfast and sometimes other places but he was always busy going somewhere. Other conciereges (sp) on other ships always stopped to check on us. Florentina on the Gem was the best. She was always there when we needed her...even before we knew we needed her it seemed.

we had Jomar also. He didn't show up until way after dinner Sunday and we could not get him to show us how to use the coffee maker at all hence the forced coffee delivery each morning at 7am. I would have been happy to make my own coffee.

It was ok. We had all we needed as we made sure we did.

Patrick's assistant was really nice

PS- I can't get back into the making dinner mode. So hard LOL

I would like a before dinner frozen frufru drink right about now

OMG I found the setting to see embedded pics!!!!!!!!!!

go to : user CP

go to : edit options

go to : thread display options

check the box that says : Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)

YIPPEE

Oh Yes, chocolate covered strawberries sound wonderful after my bucket of bud light and some fish and chips. lol I must say our cabin steward, Santos, was very good. I asked a girl about robes and maybe another chair for our balcony and she told us someone else was our steward and it was his first day. I was a little worried that he was new to the ship. But our robes and a lounge chair came very quickly. I thought he did a great job. Our DD & SIL had a major leak by the windows when we had that big storm early in the week. I said they have to be told. She reported it to the reception desk at around dinner time. By the time they returned for the evening there were towels soaking up the water and the leak was stopped. They were called 2 more times to make sure it was okay. Then on Saturday they got a call from Patrick saying they could have a free dinner in any of the specialty restaurants. When they made their reservation for La Cucina they were offered a free bottle of wine. I was so pleased that the leak was taken care of so quickly. The free dinner and wine was a really nice surprise for them. We also had a problem with out balcony door and that was also taken care of quickly. The balcony is a nice size for 4 people to sit on..3 wicker chairs, a lounge chair and a small wicker table.

[quote name='doberlady'] . . . .we could not get him to show us how to use the coffee maker at all hence the forced coffee delivery each morning at 7am. I would have been happy to make my own coffee. . . . [/quote]

Aren't they just Keurig's?

[quote name='blindrid']Aren't they just Keurig's?[/quote]
Suites, like the DOS that the OP was in, have a Lavazza beverage maker. They cost about $1,000-$1,500 each.
In regular cabins like a balcony or mini suite, you have a four-cup regular coffee maker.

Archived