which side of the ship should i be on?

dmellis

I am sailing on celebrity summits northbound cruise to Alaska on august 12th. Reserved cabin 9105. From what i can tell, i would probably be better off on the other side of the ship. Is there times when there is good viewing on either side, or should i try to make the switch?

Conventional wisdom is the NB should be on the starboard (right) side and southbound on the port side. But my parents were on the "wrong" side and saw plenty of scenery, and went up to the decks if they felt they were missing anything.

We will be on the left/port side (on a Vancouver to Seward Cruise) whch is allegedly the least desirable but I was told we will see Vancouver Islands and as another poster said even if you have a balcony you don't have to be in your cabin the whole time :)

There is more scenery on the starboard side going north. But also get out on deck, 50% of the views anyway isn't ideal. Get out and see everything from the front, certainly at least part of your glacier viewing day. For any marine wildlife viewing, you do need to be on a front open deck for the best views. Dress appropriately- It will make or break your outside time. :)

Archived