Oasis - recommended time to get to port

We will be on the Oasis this Saturday, 7/28. We will be driving across the state to get to the port. It's a 3/12 hour drive. We have off-site parking reserved. What time do you recommend arriving at the Port? Our Set Sail Pass states that boarding is at 2:00. I thought I read that this is "peak time"?

Also, our off-site parking suggests dropping off other passengers with the luggage before parking. There is a shuttle for the driver after the car is parked. Our parking is at the Renaissance across from the Port. Does anyone know where the Oasis is docked and the easiest place to be dropped off?

Thanks!

Boarding usually starts at noon at the latest. The terminal is big and efficient. You can arrive as early as eleven (even earlier, but no reason to). You will not have to wait until 2 to board.

I always advise dropping passengers and luggage. Much easier than getting it all on the shuttle!

The shuttle for our parking doesn't start until 11:00, so that would be the earliest time we could arrive. I was thinking it would be too early, but I'm glad to hear that it's no.

If we do board earlier than 2:00, will we be able to access our cabin?

The shuttle for our parking doesn't start until 11:00, so that would be the earliest time we could arrive. I was thinking it would be too early, but I'm glad to hear that it's no.

Usually it is around 1:00 PM or so before you can access the cabin.

You should be able to. On all RCI ships I have been on you're able to.

That should be fine, just be prepared to hang around relaxing if boarding is delayed. I got there at 11am last year and we were in the boarding lounge by 11:15 Actual boarding started before 11:30 and we were onboard about 11:40. Plan on not getting to your cabin till 1pm. We have our swimsuits in our carry ons and are by the beach pool drink in hand relaxing till we can get to the cabin.

Show up at 8, drop off your bags, guaranteed youre on the ship by 11.

At 8 am, passengers are still getting off from the previous sailing and they and their luggage are being picked up. Traffic will be heavy. Arriving at that time will only get you in the middle of a confused and confusing situation and the porters, who will be busy dealing with the debarking guests luggage may not even accept embarking passengers that early. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and wait two or three hours and you will still be among the first to board the ship.

Archived