Cabin Advise

RMM34667

Looking at the Emerald. Would cabin L257 be noisy due to traffic? I'm thinking thinking you'd hear a lot of people and constant elevator noise.

On the flip side it would be so convient. (Smoker)

Can anyone share experiences with this cabin?

Thanks.

Looking at the Emerald. Would cabin L257 be noisy due to traffic? I'm thinking thinking you'd hear a lot of people and constant elevator noise.

Thanks.

This is just my experience but I try to avoid public decks above a chosen cabin because the noise seems more pronounced from above. I had a mid ship balcony cabin on the Caribbean on Riviera deck and every morning about 5 am you heard them cleaning around the pools, dragging chairs etc.

I am also a smoker and for my upcoming cruise on the Grand I booked the furthest aft cabin on Aloha, the door is right there and I'm almost sure there is a smoking area back there by the aft pool & bar. Check it out. :)

This is just my experience but I try to avoid public decks above a chosen cabin because the noise seems more pronounced from above. I had a mid ship balcony cabin on the Caribbean on Riviera deck and every morning about 5 am you heard them cleaning around the pools, dragging chairs etc.

I am also a smoker and for my upcoming cruise on the Grand I booked the furthest aft cabin on Aloha, the door is right there and I'm almost sure there is a smoking area back there by the aft pool & bar. Check it out. :)

Good plan I will check it out. I love the terrace pool!

Looks like it would be Rivera deck on the Emerald. I think I'd love that location, but not so sure about my Mom (78) might be more walking. But worth a try.

Thanks.

I have never stayed in that area, but my experience as well as others who have posted is that you will not hear any elevator noise if your cabin is near an elevator.

Because this cabin is forward of the elevators, there will be little foot traffic past the cabin as almost all of the people will be walking aft from the elevators towards the outside areas.

Looks like it would be Rivera deck on the Emerald. I think I'd love that location, but not so sure about my Mom (78) might be more walking. But worth a try.

I had the same issues with my Mom and forward or aft would definitely be more walking so it just depends on how mobile your Mom is. You also need to remember that forward and aft elevators don't go as far up or down as mid ship elevators but they aren't as busy.

I saw you lost your Dad on the day you were supposed to sail on your May cruise. I am so sorry for your loss. Coincidentally, my Mom was diagnosed with a dissecting aneurysm on 6/21 and we were also supposed to sail on the Grand on 6/23. She is home with me on hospice.

I have not cruised since the new smoking rules went into effect so I'm not sure if my plan will work or not. :)

I had the same issues with my Mom and forward or aft would definitely be more walking so it just depends on how mobile your Mom is. You also need to remember that forward and aft elevators don't go as far up or down as mid ship elevators but they aren't as busy.

I saw you lost your Dad on the day you were supposed to sail on your May cruise. I am so sorry for your loss. Coincidentally, my Mom was diagnosed with a dissecting aneurysm on 6/21 and we were also supposed to sail on the Grand on 6/23. She is home with me on hospice.

I have not cruised since the new smoking rules went into effect so I'm not sure if my plan will work or not. :)

Thank you and I'm so sorry for your mother. Hospice is wonderful. They took great care of my dad. Luckily we knew what was happening and I cancelled the cruise the day final payment was due. He passed on the 24th. One day before my 50th birthday.

It was hard to even start thinking about cruising again but my Mom really needs something to look forward to. I thought about doing the Med. Cruise on the Crown in November but decided to make is simpler for now.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your Mom!

Thanks.

We were recently in L249. Loved the location. Very quiet, almost no foot traffic. There is a hallway behind L257 so you will not hear the elevator. Very convenient location. Also, no noise from above. It is under the Lotus Spa. Would book that area again in a heartbeat.

You also need to remember that forward and aft elevators don't go as far up or down as mid ship elevators but they aren't as busy.

Foward elevators go from decks 5 to 16.

Center elevators go from decks 4 to 15 (panoramic elevators 5 to 15)

Aft elevators go from decks 6 to 18.

I was looking at booking II cat as the difference between II and M was $50. But the price of the M GTY went down $100 bucks yesterday so I booked the M GTY (had great luck with that before) and if I don't like where we end up will upgrade. I figure that $300 can go towards the wine package!

So happy just to be booked! Now I can enjoy 4 months of anticipation and planning. It's nice to finally have something to be happy about! It's been an awful year.

Archived