Miami to London (Any suggestions or tips?)

ConstellationGuy

I am going on the June 4th-June 18th cruise departing from Dover, just found out.

What's the cheapest way of getting there? Flying to London? Flying to a nearby smaller airport? Flying elsewhere and taking a train? I can afford to get there a couple days earlier, etc. My schedule is flexible.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank You

Gut feeling: You're unlikely to do better than a flight to London.

But just in case, add this to your research: Go to this site and search for flights to London and nearby airports (use the dropdown list to select an appropriate distance). See if you might get substantially lower fares to other airports. But remember also to add the not insubstantial costs of transferring to Dover if you would be flying somewhere distant like Manchester or Birmingham.

An even more sophisticated approach: If you find very cheap flights to some other European hub, see if you can then add on flights to a London area airport on a low-fare carrier. Try SkyScanner to point you in the right direction. But, again, remember that flying a low fare carrier may incur many extra charges that would be included on a major carrier.

I recently flew from Miami to London for business on Virgin Atlantic (coach class). I can't vouch for the cost, since it was arranged through Corporate Travel Department, but I can vouch for the great service on Virgin Atlantic. Decent food, complimentary drinks, individual tv screens on each seatback, and a professional flight crew.

So, if you end up finding similar fares, I'd go with Virgin Atlantic.

Archived