New Silver Member and Issue

doberlady

Just got an emailing saying we are now Silver members. Have to go look to see what that does for us. Guess I got double points for the suite last week?

Also- I was supposed to receive a letter from NCL saying I have a $300 future cruise credit from a price adjustment when our cruise went down.

I never got the letter. I emailed my PCC yesterday and told her I didn't get the FCC letter, she writes back "what is a FCC" really PCC, I have 6 emails from you referring to a "FCC".

So then she says oh yes I see it attached to your account. When you book a cruise with me I will apply it.

Ummmm, if NCL is supposed to send me a letter stating my FCC am I wrong in wanting it.

She seems to be holding it hostage until I book something.

Should I insist they send me the letter????

It's not wrong to want it but on the other hand, why would you need it if you have the proof of it's existence in the form of email?

FCC's are always just digital bits in your customer account at NCL so you can use them whether you have a paper or not - with your own PCC, some other PCC or any TA selling NCL cruises.

my PCC had made a big deal over getting the FCC issued to me and then kept going on about an official letter I would receive. It just seemed so fishy to me she asked what a FCC was. It was like she was playing dumb that I had one and remembered to ask her about it.

It was just a weird email convo.

Maybe I will call the 800 number when she is not working to make sure it is indeed linked to my account.

FCC's are always linked to your account. I've never received a written notice. Call the 800 number and make sure it is on your account and your all set. Seems to me he/she offered it and it is truly there, so no problem.

Last year when we were on the Jewel we purchased 2 FCC's onboard. What we received in our room was basically a letter/receipt confirming we purchased 2 with the terms & conditions of the cruise rewards written on the back. When we went to use them all we had to do was call& give our lattitudes # & they were both attached to my acct. It should be fine:)

"FCC" was used to me by my PCC

I have never heard the term FCC before that

Did you say you received this "FCC" because your cabin went down in price? I have never heard of anything except OBC being issued for a price adjustment after final payment.

Future Cruise Rewards (sometime called FCC's instead of FCR's on CC) are purchased on the ship. I am totally confused as to what you actually have in your account?:confused:

From PCC:

Hello Debbie, good to hear from you.

I can offer you a future cruise credit for each reservation. The Cruise Credit must be used on a sailing within a year of issuance.

We can offer you a $300.00 Cruise credit for your reservation and $250.00 for your mother’s reservation. These Cruise Credits can be used to reduce the voyage fare on your next cabin(s). Once the certificate is issued you will receive a letter advising you of the terms and conditions.

Please reply to this email letting me know you have received this email.

Last year when we were on the Jewel we purchased 2 FCC's onboard. What we received in our room was basically a letter/receipt confirming we purchased 2 with the terms & conditions of the cruise rewards written on the back. When we went to use them all we had to do was call& give our lattitudes # & they were both attached to my acct. It should be fine:)

We're talking about 2 different things here. The Future Cruise Rewards are what you purchase onboard and are worth $250 each. OP is talking about a Future Cruise Credit of $300 she was given because of a large price drop on a cruise after she made final payment. I agee that, as long as NCL has it attached to her Lattitudes account, she should get the credit against the cost of her next cruise.

From PCC:

Hello Debbie, good to hear from you.

I can offer you a future cruise credit for each reservation. The Cruise Credit must be used on a sailing within a year of issuance.

We can offer you a $300.00 Cruise credit for your reservation and $250.00 for your mother’s reservation. These Cruise Credits can be used to reduce the voyage fare on your next cabin(s). Once the certificate is issued you will receive a letter advising you of the terms and conditions.

Please reply to this email letting me know you have received this email.

As long as you keep the email you should be okay. Print out a copy just in case your computer crashes but you should be okay......I never knew they did this but I would still rather have the OBC to spend on the cruise that went down in price.

We're talking about 2 different things here. The Future Cruise Rewards are what you purchase onboard and are worth $250 each. OP is talking about a Future Cruise Credit of $300 she was given because of a large price drop on a cruise after she made final payment. I agee that, as long as NCL has it attached to her Lattitudes account, she should get the credit against the cost of her next cruise.

Oopps my bad :o. But that was nice of NCL to do

• 5 months later...

sorry to resurrect this old thread but I have contacted my PCC to price out a trip and I asked about the credit talked about here and she says oh you don't have one. I forwarded all the emails to her and she said I gave up the credit for an upgrade to a DOS. I PAID for the upgrade.

So now it's a big mess.

I should have insisted on the letter ASAP.

Oh no! I bet what she says did happen. So many times I would Call my personal cruise consultant to upgrade my cabin, and she would say yeah sure you can but you will lose your onboard credit, but because the upgrade price is so low I would forgive the credit and pay for the upgrade. That's probably what happened to you, see your PDF of final cruise purchase to confirm. I keep copies of all my PDFs from original booking to final sailing, that way you can see which codes Fell off, how the cabins were updated and what happened to your OBC, it's very insightful.

sorry to resurrect this old thread but I have contacted my PCC to price out a trip and I asked about the credit talked about here and she says oh you don't have one. I forwarded all the emails to her and she said I gave up the credit for an upgrade to a DOS. I PAID for the upgrade.

So now it's a big mess.

Sounds like they did apply the credit to your upgrade and then you paid a discounted amount. I would speak with your PCC's supervisor to confirm.

With all your issues, I think a new PCC is in order.

Why not call the 800 number and confirm what you are being told?

So now it's a big mess.

What category did you originally book when you were offered the Future Cruise credit because of the price of the category going down? Did you pay the full asking price for the DOS on this same cruise? How much did you pay to upgrade to the Deluxe Owners Suite?

If you were offered the DOS for a reduced price (an upsell not an upgrade) and accepted it, it would have cancelled out your FCC because it was actually used towards the price of the DOS.

I was orginally in an SJ and paid $500 more close to sailing for the DOS.

If that was the case I wish the PCC would have explained that. It is not reflected in any of our emails. I prefer to do business via email with her and she constantly says she can't do business via email and she needs to speak with me via the phone.

My parents stayed in their SJ (didn't upsell) and they were supposed to be issued a credit as well.

Myabe I should just let it go. We had a wonderful time and the DOS was worth every penny (except BAD weather at night BIG storm and the DOS was incredibly rocky as it is directly AFT).

Still drinking the vodka we brought home...............

I did buy a cruise reward and she knows I am wanting to book a cruise.

My last emails with her were after we got home and I asked for the letter and she said it was attached to my name. I don't know why she would have stated that after we got home.

Oh well.

Man, the Breakaway is pricing HIGH

AND when I asked about upselling to the DOS I asked her if she could apply the credit towards the upsell and she stated this:

Debbie, hello there. I cannot apply the CCC now. That is for a future cruise and cannot be used on this cruise. You can pay the $500 difference and I can move you up.

I wonder how I go about changing PCC.

Archived