Question about Camp Carnival on the first night.....

jcearth

How much are the "parties" for the kids?

Youth Programs /Babysitting

^^^^Everything about Camp Carnival, Circle "C" and Club O2

Late Night Parties

In addition to the Night Owls program, on selected nights of the cruise we have different parties which offer FUN, MEMORIES AND GREAT VALUE. Advertising is mentioned in the Camp Carnival activity schedules, digital signage at Camp Carnival and Night Owls postcards (see below) are delivered to the child’s stateroom. All kids who participate in the parties will receive fun premium giveaways!

OWL JAMS

Ages: 2-11 years

Hours: 10:00pm-12:00am

Fee: $13 per child, per party, plus 15% gratuity

Activities Include: video games, arts & craft, music and more; snacks and beverages included

FUN ‘TIL ONE

Ages: 6-8 Years

Hours: 10:00pm-1:00am

Fee: $20 per child, per party, plus 15% gratuity

Activities include: Theme nights, dancing, singing, video games, and more interactive activities; snacks and beverages included

FUN AT SEA

Ages: 9-11 Years

Hours: 10:00pm-3:00am

Fee: $33 per child, per party, plus 15% gratuity

Activities include: Competitions, video games, sporting events, pizza and more; snacks and beverages included

Note: Limited space available; Kids should bring their stateroom key as the Youth Staff will drop them off at their stateroom at the end of the party.

depending on the age of your kids...

if in the group of the 2-5 years old then yes so you can get a pager, or cell phone. They go quickly.

for the teens-- yes. this should be mandatory as they do ice breakers.. and kids form clicks rather quickly.

there is paperwork that needs to be filled out-- you should do it online to save time...and that line the first morning is rather long.

I have not seen orientation done at 7:15 in a while.

its usually held that first day getting onboard about 5:30pm. and camps are not opened that first day.

teen orientation is later in the evening.

I am not sure how it works on a sailing with 3/4 days

Looking at Navigators--- are you sure thats a carnival kid camp page?

are you sailing in the summer?

Thanks for the info, I am looking at a Splendor navigator from July of this year. We are sailing in December, maybe it will be different.

Will they give phones to the 6-8 age group? I got very used to Disney where the kids club would text me if the girls wanted to leave or do something else (not very often, mind you).

Maybe the 715 time if for the late seating, and there is an earlier time for early diners. I am going to go one way or another to see if I can talk them out of a pager / phone.

Thanks again for all your info! I did the online paperwork already :)

Will they give phones to the 6-8 age group? I got very used to Disney where the kids club would text me if the girls wanted to leave or do something else (not very often, mind you).

Maybe the 715 time if for the late seating, and there is an earlier time for early diners. I am going to go one way or another to see if I can talk them out of a pager / phone.

Thanks again for all your info! I did the online paperwork already :)

Cell phones are for 2-3 year olds pagers for 4-5 year old. They will give you a number to call to see if there is a problem.

Orientation is all done at once. a 7:15 orientation doesnt sound so good. Most people with kids are still eating at early dining which doesnt get over until at least 7:30.

6-8 year olds are kinda stuck there-- so just check your kids intinary to what they want to do. (high lighters work wonders-- two colors one for each kid)

Camps are not opened around the clock. they open on sea days at 10am and close at 12:45 open back at 2 and close at 5 and open again at 7 til 10 when it becomes paid sitting.

the kids can eat with the counselors-- you take them to the lido deck and they take them back to the camp when its time.

There is nothing about any cruiseline that is even remotely the same as a Disney cruise.

friends sailed the Pride in Dec and gave me the camp pages from their sailing. We sailed 6 weeks later and nothing was the same

DS has yet to make an orientation. We just seem to either be at dinner or something. It has never been a big deal. DS is an outgoing kid. We do complete the online check in though.

Thought we would miss the Disney pager but haven't yet. :). You can pop up to check and we usually let DS know where we plan to be (show, steakhouse etc)

It sounds like your kids have been on more than one cruise... No worries

The excitement for little ones on day 1 is pretty insane. ATleast for us on the last 2 cruises. First off I should state that the daughter (7) and us, are not Camp Carnival fans.

The last two cruises, day 1 has been the same. Up early and off to a nice brunch before embarking on the ship ( this way we avoid the over crowded Lido lunch). Once on board I sit with the luggage, sipping my carry on wine with a book. Meanwhile my wife and daughter un all over the ship...several times, checking things out and eating Free ince cream.

Before long the little one is beat from the excitement, if the pool is open the girl will beg for a dip during the early evening/late afternoon. This is during MDR dining time, less crowds on top and we ususally do buffet day one for dinner.

Bed time for the girl and one or both of us is 8:30/9. On that first day, it's a stretch for her to make it that long.

Gotta give Carnival credit...I have never had my kid NOT dead tired by the end of the day...peaceful sleep comes fast!!!!

The excitement for little ones on day 1 is pretty insane. ATleast for us on the last 2 cruises. First off I should state that the daughter (7) and us, are not Camp Carnival fans.

The last two cruises, day 1 has been the same. Up early and off to a nice brunch before embarking on the ship ( this way we avoid the over crowded Lido lunch). Once on board I sit with the luggage, sipping my carry on wine with a book. Meanwhile my wife and daughter un all over the ship...several times, checking things out and eating Free ince cream.

Before long the little one is beat from the excitement, if the pool is open the girl will beg for a dip during the early evening/late afternoon. This is during MDR dining time, less crowds on top and we ususally do buffet day one for dinner.

Bed time for the girl and one or both of us is 8:30/9. On that first day, it's a stretch for her to make it that long.

Gotta give Carnival credit...I have never had my kid NOT dead tired by the end of the day...peaceful sleep comes fast!!!!

Sounds good, my girls are more the stay up till midnight sleep till 11AM types. They are homeschooled so they hardly ever have to get up early for anything, which is very nice on the parents on weekends. I hear all these horror stories about kids up at 6am, oh hell no!

Can you expand on why your kids do not like Camp Carnival?

My daughter thought the kids were loud and rude...but how much can you beleive a 7 year old. We did hear her say:

For $$$ we can build a bear

For $$$ there is an after hours party for us kids

For only $$ there is a box we can build and paint

Can I stay for the late night movie at Camp

She basically said she was bored and we disliked the staff always telling us, that if we want, that our daughter can do this extra activity... it would cost....$

My 7 year old neice LOVES Camp Carnival, could stay at it all day. Our daughter prefers to be with us playing triva, playing board games etc.

In all actuality, between being in port all day, and on sea days eating 3 meals a day and doing homework brought from home ( we cruise during school year JAN. or FEB.), and hitting the bed early (8:30), there is not much time for Camp really.

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts, I am sure my girls will have a fine cruise. They are the type you could give a rusty nail and a moldy box and they will have fun with them. They love to play and meet other kids, especially girls

I might sneak out of dinner to attend the orientation, if it is at 715, since this is my first time with carnival

I had the talk with my girls tonight, I let them know we are trying a cruise that is not Disney, but it will still be fun. All they wanted to know if there will be friends on board to play with ;)

Our Grand Daughter didnt like the camp either.

She was excited before we went and I showed her the various activities that she could do. SHe was looking forward to it.

Super excited when we went to orientation.

We dropped her off the first sea day at 10am and told her we would pick her up at 11:30. She made a tee shirt. (free of course)

but at lunch she told us she didnt want to go back. and would not give us an explanation other then she will have a better time with us. (as always)

so we figured it could have been a number of things.. for one this camp was all the way up top of the ship all the way forward... the ship was rocking. So she felt the motion there. (was she afraid that we wouldnt pick her up? that we wold leave her there?? she has been in day care since 2 months old.)

then there was this boy that would not leave her alone during the week-- if he was at the camp he probably scared her.

Twindaddy, both times I was on the Splendor,, the mdr allowed early seating people to arrive and get served early. If you go to dinner at 5:45 that first day you can beat the rush and finish dinner in time for the orientation. That was what we did.

Sent from my SGH-T589 using Tapatalk 2

we were on the 3 night Glory cruise this past weekend after dry dock with grandkids (4 & 7). we had early dinner so did not make the party but i can tell you camp was open at 8pm on the first night. As both went to camp that night for a short time.

Twindaddy, both times I was on the Splendor,, the mdr allowed early seating people to arrive and get served early. If you go to dinner at 5:45 that first day you can beat the rush and finish dinner in time for the orientation. That was what we did.

Sent from my SGH-T589 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds good, I might try that. I want to go since it is my first time on Carnival, so I dont know the routine or details (other than my hours of CC research, of course).

My girls will have no problem making friends, so I am not worried about that.

We were actually thinking of switching to late dining, we did that on Disney and it worked great, we are a later kind of family, but it looks like from the Fun Times there isnt much to do for kids during early seating, other than the kids club. On Disney they have an early show for those with late dining, that works out nice. Looks like Carnival doesnt really do that....

with late dining the kids will have much down time. camps are closed from 5 to 7 with activities really getting underway by 8 pm which is when you will be sitting down for dinner. camp programs wind down at 10 when it becomes fee based

so you see your kids will be busy eating while other kids are having fun.

eep your seating

• 1 month later...

Archived