Honeymoon Cruise Ideas

I was looking for ideas for a honeymoon cruise for next year via RCCL and I figured I would ask all the experts in the forum for ideas. I'm 27 and shes 25 and I have turned her into a cruiser, 3 for her, and 13 for me. My preference is RCCL because I am an Emerald C&A member, but by no means does it have to be RCCL. This past year we have been on a 10 day with Princess (Antigua, St. Kitts, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, and Princess cays) which was an amazing itinerary. And a 7 day FOS with some friends. Now the problem with RCCL is the 10 day itinerary's for the Caribbean stink to me honest with you, and the week long cruises are just not enough time, and for our honeymoon we want to do at least a 10 day cruise.

This leads me to think I will need to book with Celebrity whom I have cruised with five times(not sure what that gives me for the Captains Club). Or do a European cruise which may not eaxctly be relaxing enough for a honeymoon, or a Hawaiian which you only get about four days in Hawaii, and about 6 days at sea. So it is really more of a day at sea cruise. Any thoughts or tips would be excellent.

How about a Panamal Canal cruise. You get several stops along the way and back.

FYI What ever level you have achieved on RCI, you will be treated to the same equivalent level on Celebrity, while on that cruise.

How about a Panamal Canal cruise. You get several stops along the way and back.

This is what we opted to do for our honeymoon next October, however it's not with RCI. We decided on the 11-night RT Panama Canal cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale on the Coral Princess. The full transit Panama Canal cruises (usually 15 days) have too many days at sea for my bride-to-be. I've done this cruise before and the ports are great (Aruba, Cartagena, Limon, Grand Caymon, plus you can get off the ship for an excursion after you go through the Gatun locks). We found that booking a full suite with this itinerary would work out to be cheaper and more relaxing than a balcony on a Med. cruise which was what we looked into first (after the cost of excursions, air, extra hotel nights before and after). We are similar in age to you (I'll be 29, she'll be 26) and we also wanted the cruise to be different than the same boring Carribean stops.

How about the western med out of Barcelona..this was what my son opted for and they loved it !!! We just recently did the same itinerary on RCI Liberty and also found it to be amazing..Congrats and enjoy whatever you decide !!!

This is what we opted to do for our honeymoon next October, however it's not with RCI. We decided on the 11-night RT Panama Canal cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale on the Coral Princess. The full transit Panama Canal cruises (usually 15 days) have too many days at sea for my bride-to-be. I've done this cruise before and the ports are great (Aruba, Cartagena, Limon, Grand Caymon, plus you can get off the ship for an excursion after you go through the Gatun locks). We found that booking a full suite with this itinerary would work out to be cheaper and more relaxing than a balcony on a Med. cruise which was what we looked into first (after the cost of excursions, air, extra hotel nights before and after). We are similar in age to you (I'll be 29, she'll be 26) and we also wanted the cruise to be different than the same boring Carribean stops.

That sounds like a great itinerary. She has not been to Aruba or Curacao yet so if we did Caribbean our first choice would be to go to those ports. I will need to look into that princess option. At the end of the day we will still have plenty more time to work on that C&A membership level. And those were also my exact thoughts with the Med. cruise, just too much with the flights and hotels, plus the excursions although not necessary would involve a lot of exhausting sightseeing.

We may also opt for October as well, despite the wedding being in June. Can get more time off that time of year vs the summer when everyone else is booking time off.

ian09.

In 2010 and 2011, we did the repositioning cruise on Rhapsody from Vancouver to Hawaii. WOW.

This was not our honeymoon but we loved 2010 so much that we needed to repeat in 2011.

First, we had five sea days to relax and enjoy the ship. Then we had seven days around the Hawaiian Islands.

Rhapsody has recently been updated and has more features.

It sails in 2013 on Sept. 6th.

Radiance goes too but in 2013 it will only be 10 days, so less of Hawaii.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do?pagename=homepage_redesign_hasbooking_us&actionType=&cruiseType=CO&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&eventSource=date&dest=HAWAI&date=201308&port=&ship=

Archived