Carrying personal items in port?

familytrip4us

I am wondering what is the best/safest way to carry personal items while we are in port. We obviously would have some cash, ID, camera and small items like germx and lipbalm. We also need to carry epipens and allergy meds for one of our kids. I am figuring bringing swimsuits, towels, sunscreen and such would also be desired at least at some point while in port.

Backpack for personal stuff and tote for beach stuff? Smaller purse plus something? What will be easiest and safest?

Are you touring anything before or after the beach?

My daugther is now a teen but for years I have used a small bag from LL Bean that I carry in port for my camera, our ids, a little money, a small tube of sunscreen, and prescriptions (no epi-pen in our case). We wear swimsuits under cover-ups (no changing required) as long as the beach is our last stop. If we are going somewhere after the beach I carry out change of clothes in a backpack. I like a totebag for beach towels (controls sand mess) but have used a backpack before (depends on how much other touring I am doing).

I have the bag on in this photo:

2424402650103236660S425x425Q85.jpg

I am wondering what is the best/safest way to carry personal items while we are in port. We obviously would have some cash, ID, camera and small items like germx and lipbalm. We also need to carry epipens and allergy meds for one of our kids. I am figuring bringing swimsuits, towels, sunscreen and such would also be desired at least at some point while in port.

Backpack for personal stuff and tote for beach stuff? Smaller purse plus something? What will be easiest and safest?

I would carry money in a purse, wallet or travel type of wallet.

For all the other items (don't forget water) I would use a back pack.

Bermuda is very safe.

Keith

I use a waterproof hard plastic case that has a string for around the neck,that then tucks down in my bathing suit top. (I got mine in a dive shop at home, but I've seen them in the gift shops on board various cruise ships.)

I can fit shipboard cards, driver's licensees, and some cash. I'm a worrier,

and this way if I leave my towels etc. on the beach, I don't have to worry about the main things I need to get back on the boat.

I use a waterproof hard plastic case that has a string for around the neck' date='that then tucks down in my bathing suit top. (I got mine in a dive shop at home, but I've seen them in the gift shops on board various cruise ships.)

I can fit shipboard cards, driver's licensees, and some cash. I'm a worrier,

and this way if I leave my towels etc. on the beach, I don't have to worry about the main things I need to get back on the boat.[/quote']

That would have worked well, they did sell them on the ship. I ended up with a lanyard with a pouch on the ship to hold my cruise card and my camera. On shore we threw everything in a backpack in addition. Worked beautifully! When we went in the water we used the zip pocket on swim trunks for the cards.

Make sure your ship card and ID are somewhere safe. Last year, I lost my ship card the first day off the ship. When I returned to the ship, I had to go through a special lane and be checked to make sure my name was on the manifest. Once that was cleared, they let me reboard and I had to go to Guest Relations and get a new ship card. They cancelled the ship card my daughter had and reset our room lock just in case someone found the key card and tried to use it. My daughter was traveling with me and she laughed at her mom loosing her ship card. She was glad it was me and not her. I think it got caught up in my towel at the beach and was pulled out of my backpack and went unnoticed on the beach.

Archived