Coming Soon..NEW MDR MENUS AND ENHANCED DINING

I gotta wonder how this will affect the revenue stream from specialty dining. Like others I've got no problem paying the extra for higher quality food in the MDR. I was contemplating a night at Chops this year after I had the filet last October in the MDR, but I do very much enjoy dining at a table of ten and enjoying the company of others, so this is win win for me! :D

Whilst I know that alot of people will be interseted by this reveal, and all will be pleased about its content, I find it bizarre that the OP who calls themselves Loyal2RCCL, displays their Loyalty by spilling the beans before any official announcements are made. Or are they really Loyal2ITOLDYOUSO......:rolleyes::D

Let me start by saying I will not reveal my source, so please don't ask. I will tell you my source is directly involved in this project and there's supposed to be a formal announcement by RCCL within the next few weeks.

I don't know if anyone remembers getting a survey a while back asking about the onboard dining experience, but it seems RCCL is listening to that feedback along with the regular weekly comment cards.

With that said, there will not only be NEW menus in the MDR on all ships, but RCCL is improving the overall quality of the items it serves. They have decided to increase their food budget to offer a better dining experience.

Highlights:

The Top Sirloin on the "Always Available" Menu will be upgraded to filet mignon. Also on the "Always Available" Menu will be shrimp cocktail, escargot (provided they can be sourced due to the shortage), herb crusted cod, salmon, a bowl of mixed berries, and Key Lime Pie. Other items were mentioned, but I don't remember what they were.

New entrees will include:

- Rack of Lamb

- Veal Chops

- Veal Scalloppini Oscar

- Crab Legs

- Baked Lasagna (baked in it's own individual dish)

- Beef Sliders

- Each night there will be an entree salad with a featured protien

- Surf and Turf featuring a 6oz filet mignon and a 6 oz lobster tail (larger tail than the 4oz one that's currently being served)

- Sea Bass

- Baked/Stuffed Shrimp

The $14.95 Chops Steak will be removed since you will be able to get a filet mignon every night from the always available menu. In it's place will be the option to purchase a 1 1/4 lb steamed, Maine Lobster for $24.99

New Desserts will include:

- Mile High Lemon Merengue Pie

- REAL NY style cheesecake

- Baked Alaska is making a return.. and will be served in individual portions--

- Warm fruit pies and cobblers served in individual dishes. Straight from the oven to your table.

- Some chocolate, kahlua pie?

To enhance the new menu, all the tablewear and dishes will also be redesigned.

I wasn't able to get the full roll out schedule but here's what I do know... the new menus will be available on the following ships/dates:

Freedom- 7/29/2012

Oasis- 8/25/2012

Allure- 9/9/2012

Jewel- 9/23/2012

Rhapsody- 5/24/2013

RCCL is also partnering with Food and Wine Magazine and will be showing short culinary "snippets" on the Poolside TV Screens... one of the things they will show is the featured items for each nights dinner. Other culinary programs are in the works, but nothing finalized yet.

RCCL has used feedback from the guest comment cards, surveys and information received from the MDR staff to add items that were most rquested by guests. Additionally, they looked at the quality and menu offerings from the competition and decided it was time for them to up their game.

I for one, can't thank them enough..and I look forward to trying out the new offerings on my Oasis cruise in Oct.

Bon Appetite Everyone!

Let me start by saying I will not reveal my source, so please don't ask. I will tell you my source is directly involved in this project and there's supposed to be a formal announcement by RCCL within the next few weeks.

I don't know if anyone remembers getting a survey a while back asking about the onboard dining experience, but it seems RCCL is listening to that feedback along with the regular weekly comment cards.

With that said, there will not only be NEW menus in the MDR on all ships, but RCCL is improving the overall quality of the items it serves. They have decided to increase their food budget to offer a better dining experience.

Highlights:

The Top Sirloin on the "Always Available" Menu will be upgraded to filet mignon. Also on the "Always Available" Menu will be shrimp cocktail, escargot (provided they can be sourced due to the shortage), herb crusted cod, salmon, a bowl of mixed berries, and Key Lime Pie. Other items were mentioned, but I don't remember what they were.

- Rack of Lamb

- Veal Chops

- Veal Scalloppini Oscar

- Crab Legs

- Beef Sliders

- Surf and Turf featuring a 6oz filet mignon and a 6 oz lobster tail (larger tail than the 4oz one that's currently being served)

- Sea Bass

- Baked/Stuffed Shrimp

The $14.95 Chops Steak will be removed since you will be able to get a filet mignon every night from the always available menu. In it's place will be the option to purchase a 1 1/4 lb steamed, Maine Lobster for $24.99

- Warm fruit pies and cobblers served in individual dishes. Straight from the oven to your table.

I wasn't able to get the full roll out schedule but here's what I do know... the new menus will be available on the following ships/dates:

Freedom- 7/29/2012

Oasis- 8/25/2012

Allure- 9/9/2012

Jewel- 9/23/2012

Rhapsody- 5/24/2013

RCCL is also partnering with Food and Wine Magazine and will be showing short culinary "snippets" on the Poolside TV Screens... one of the things they will show is the featured items for each nights dinner. Other culinary programs are in the works, but nothing finalized yet.

RCCL has used feedback from the guest comment cards, surveys and information received from the MDR staff to add items that were most rquested by guests. Additionally, they looked at the quality and menu offerings from the competition and decided it was time for them to up their game.

I for one, can't thank them enough..and I look forward to trying out the new offerings on my Oasis cruise in Oct.

Bon Appetite Everyone!

Sounds great, any idea when this will roll out.

Sounds great, any idea when this will roll out.

According to the OP, it will begin this week on Freedom and will be introduced on other ships including Oasis, Allure, Jewel, and Rhapsody over the next few months. We should begin to get confirmation of this rumor within a week or two, if that timetable is correct.:)

Highlights:

The Top Sirloin on the "Always Available" Menu will be upgraded to filet mignon. Also on the "Always Available" Menu will be shrimp cocktail, escargot (provided they can be sourced due to the shortage), herb crusted cod, salmon, a bowl of mixed berries, and Key Lime Pie.

Just like Celebrity does now..

Highlights:

- Rack of Lamb

- Veal Chops

- Veal Scalloppini Oscar

- Crab Legs

- Beef Sliders

- Sea Bass

- Baked/Stuffed Shrimp

Freedom- 7/29/2012

Oasis- 8/25/2012

Allure- 9/9/2012

Jewel- 9/23/2012

Rhapsody- 5/24/2013

Bon Appetite Everyone!

Oh Freedom is as soon as this weekend! Going next month, will definitely report back!

I will be on the Freedom on Aug. 29th. The thing is, our set sail date is Aug. 26th. Will RCCL be changing the menu in the middle of a cruise?

Diana:confused:

Freedom is JULY 29, not August. You'll be fine :D

I will be on the Freedom on Aug. 29th. The thing is, our set sail date is Aug. 26th. Will RCCL be changing the menu in the middle of a cruise?

Diana:confused:

The date given for the Freedom is JULY 29th, not August 29th so with any luck, you will be presented with the new menu your entire cruise.

It's true! I was planning on not eating in the MDR at all on my upcoming Oasis cruise, but after hearing this I've changed my mind.

I too will have to rethink our options. We cruise during our anniversary and usually eat at Chops on our Anniversary and I'll bet the Chef's name is Murphy and he will make sure crab legs (my wife's favorite thing) will be served on that day. ;) Overall good news.

Great news! Looking forward more to our Allure cruise now...but wondering if I made right decision on booking Samba grill after all? Might have to check out the menu's for that night in the MDR I'd hate to miss crab leg night:D

This is GREAT news if it's correct....and yes there is a formal Royal webinar today....so interesting:

Join us for a can't-miss webinar featuring two special guests from our Onboard Activities and Food & Beverage departments, who will provide their expert insights about our exciting fleetwide upgrades. Learn how to effectively make these enhancements part of your talk track every time you sell a Royal Caribbean cruise.

My thoughts are this will be a specialty restaurant killer.....so I wonder how they will up their game there to keep up:confused:

All positive news though:)

I gotta wonder how this will affect the revenue stream from specialty dining. Like others I've got no problem paying the extra for higher quality food in the MDR. I was contemplating a night at Chops this year after I had the filet last October in the MDR, but I do very much enjoy dining at a table of ten and enjoying the company of others, so this is win win for me! :D

Not sure that it will affect it much. For me even with the changes, I would only visit the MDR maybe once or twice. I do not like the large dining rooms. Too crowded and noisy. For my upcoming Celebrity cruise, I only plan to dine once in the MDR. The rest will be in specialty dining.

How many of us would prefer to pay say an extra $35 on a 7 night cruise, in order that the food cost budget could be increased by the same amount. Put my name on the top of that list, but who would join me.........:D

Your price mentioned $5 per day. I would happily pay an extra $10 per day if it meant improved food quality.

We are so happy to see that we will new choices on the Oasis next Jan.:),,really have been getting tired of the same same old...Nice to see that the powers that be pay attentions to us:cool::cool:..

Oasis,,Jan. 19th2013 with family and friends:D

+1 for the excelent news! We have always enjoyed the food in the MDR, so if they plan on making it better, very cool.

Hope it rolls out to match all of the cruises we have planned between now and next March.

Archived