Would You Like Adult Only Cruise With Royal Caribbean?

Would you like Royal Caribbean to provide adult only cruises  

423 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Royal Caribbean to provide adult only cruises

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain in a post)

Yes!!!! But let me explain...an adults only cruise would be fabulous so those adults who are constantly complaining about sharing space with kids have a venue to enjoy (then they can keep their grumpiness away from families with kids!) This adults only cruise would have to be during a time when schools are in session. Sept, Oct, Nov should work. Have fun! Happy Cruising!

Yes!!!! But let me explain...an adults only cruise would be fabulous so those adults who are constantly complaining about sharing space with kids have a venue to enjoy (then they can keep their grumpiness away from families with kids!) This adults only cruise would have to be during a time when schools are in session. Sept, Oct, Nov should work. Have fun! Happy Cruising!

You mean like, sharing space with the two teens playing chase in the hall. When they rounded the corner and knocked me to the ground. Maby the kid playing hide and seak under my table in the dinning room. Maby the kid spitting off a higher deck onto people on a lower deck. How about the kid throwing frinch fries at people, and I could come up with a few more. Gee, I don't know why I would be grumpy, you know kids will be kids.

P.S.: How long before someone asks about 'Under 50' cruises for people who don't like the 'old people smell?':D

It is a blink of the eye from Diapers to Depends. We have been there and we will be there one day.

if only parents would actually parent i might not mind being around other people's children....

now that my kids have grown up, i would be happy with an adult only cruise on any cruise line...including disney..

there was a thread like this regarding disney cruise lines on the disney forum...

we had so many yes responses, we could have easily filled one of their new mega ships with adults only!! and wouldn't that be a dream come true :) ....

You mean like, sharing space with the two teens playing chase in the hall. When they rounded the corner and knocked me to the ground. Maby the kid playing hide and seak under my table in the dinning room. Maby the kid spitting off a higher deck onto people on a lower deck. How about the kid throwing frinch fries at people, and I could come up with a few more. Gee, I don't know why I would be grumpy, you know kids will be kids.

In my experience, you describe the exception not the rule. The vast majority of kids are not obnoxious as in your examples. Perhaps these are the ones that stand out in your memory.

When I do see a teen acting in the way you've described and clearly without adult supervision, I immediately speak up and tell him/her to cut it out, that's unacceptable (I can't help myself) and that usually works (at least for the moment.) Perhaps it's the mother in me. I have reported unacceptable teen behavior to RCL staff, security and it's been taken seriously. Next time you come across such a situation, I encourage you to report the offending teens immediately and be proactive instead of stewing;).

For context, I cruise only during school breaks when the ships are overrun with children.

The adult only cruise could be done during that time as well but I had in mind, the Summer. Where I personally chose to sail in the other parts of the year (too hot for me in the Summer), many adults sail only in the Summer (their employment might not permit them the other times of the year).

One ship

Adult only

7 days

One Itinerary

In my experience, you describe the exception not the rule. The vast majority of kids are not obnoxious as in your examples. Perhaps these are the ones that stand out in your memory.

When I do see a teen acting in the way you've described and clearly without adult supervision, I immediately speak up and tell him/her to cut it out, that's unacceptable (I can't help myself) and that usually works (at least for the moment.) Perhaps it's the mother in me. I have reported unacceptable teen behavior to RCL staff, security and it's been taken seriously. Next time you come across such a situation, I encourage you to report the offending teens immediately and be proactive instead of stewing;).

For context, I cruise only during school breaks when the ships are overrun with children.

I never said I didn't report it, and I didn't say I was stewing. Using your standard it sounds like you are stewing right now.

I prefer to cruise when school is in................I love children.............but there is a time and place for everything and everyone.........but only an adult cruise.............no I don't think so............It's fine the way it is.....................

the only time i have ever felt overwhelmed by kids was on a carnival cruise. My own daughter has cruised all her life (diamond on her own credits), and i have to say, we probably appreciate the rccl product because they handle children well.

Folks on this board seem to take an isolated incident (omg, there is a child in the solarium!!) as a systemic problem. I've seen rude adults, poorly behaved children, entitled seniors, and every other behavior complained about on these boards, but it's not every ship or every cruise.

There is no screening test for guest behavior, and class does not come with money. People are people. No matter where you are, cruise or not, you will find people who don't share your views of appropriate behavior!

+1 !!!

• 1 year later...

Would love a adult cruise, one of the main reasons we are doing Sandals rather than a cruise this Thanksgiving is I do not want to listen to screaming children at the pool, we normally will cruise when school is in.

Unfortunately I think that the cruise line. .. any of them. ..would just charge more for an adults only cruise. I only wish that the cruise staff would ensure that the adult only areas remain adult only such as the solarium and bars (I don't think children need to be in bars where adults are drinking and adult conversations and activities are occurring - and I have seen kids go into bars unattended and order sodas).

I was reading along and though how come I did not see this poll? And why did it close so fast? Suddenly I realized it took place in 2012. Does anyone beside me hate when someone digs up these old posts?

I agree did not notice that this was 2 years old

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately I think that the cruise line. .. any of them. ..would just charge more for an adults only cruise. I only wish that the cruise staff would ensure that the adult only areas remain adult only such as the solarium and bars (I don't think children need to be in bars where adults are drinking and adult conversations and activities are occurring - and I have seen kids go into bars unattended and order sodas).

On my first Celebrity cruise, I heard that there were only 34 minors on the ship. That's why I like 10 day cruises. :D

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like this is an old post but has been recently bumped up so I might as well share my opinion. I think an adults only cruise would be awesome but then as others have said, the price would probably go up. I usually go on trips that luckily have few kids because of the itinerary or time of year. I would love to see parents be more responsible for their children and teach them respect and manners. My parents took my sister and I on cruises as children but they would never allow us to act in the way I have seen other kids do on cruises. They have such great children's programs there should never be an excuse for kids to be causing trouble. So parents - please control your kids!!! And it would be nice to see the cruise lines enforce their rules.