Hotels near Cape Liberty

beachbumsns

Can anyone give me a good idea of where to stay that will be fairly close to the cruise port. We are leaving in October for a cruise to Bermuda. We were unable to get flights into Newark, so have to fly into LaGuardia. We will be checking out transportation from LaGuardia to a hotel that isn't too far from the cruise port. Any suggestions on transportation to the hotel and to the cruise ship would be appreciated as well as any suggestions as to a reasonable hotel that is near a restaurant or has a restaurant on site. I've been searching the internet but haven't really found anything yet as I am not familiar with that area and distances between the airports, cruise terminal, etc.

Yes - please post on the East Coast Board. Be sure to include the following:

1). Hotel budget

2) Number of people

3). Whether you can manage your luggage and take public transportation for part of your journey.

4). Date and time of arrival

5). Sightseeing plans, if any

You are going to pay a premium to go from LGA to NJ by car service. The bulk of the rooms close to the port are going to be at Newark Airport and it will cost you another $50-60 to get from there to the port. If you can manage your luggage, then staying in Jersey City and taking the light rail to Bayonne is an option. There is also one hotel on Staten Island that offers a free shuttle to the port, so that could be a choice as well. Another option is to stay overnight at LGA and just pay for one car service to the port the next morning.

Yes - please post on the East Coast Board. Be sure to include the following:

1). Hotel budget

2) Number of people

3). Whether you can manage your luggage and take public transportation for part of your journey.

4). Date and time of arrival

5). Sightseeing plans, if any

You are going to pay a premium to go from LGA to NJ by car service. The bulk of the rooms close to the port are going to be at Newark Airport and it will cost you another $50-60 to get from there to the port. If you can manage your luggage, then staying in Jersey City and taking the light rail to Bayonne is an option. There is also one hotel on Staten Island that offers a free shuttle to the port, so that could be a choice as well. Another option is to stay overnight at LGA and just pay for one car service to the port the next morning.

Thanks for your help. I'll try that. There are 4 of us and one of the parties is older so public transit won't be an option. We are only flying in mid afternoon the day of the cruise so no touring of NYC this trip. I'll check out the link you gave me. Staying in the LaGuardia area might be our best option as well. Hadn't thought of that.

Archived