Penthouse Upsell / Upgrade from Oceanview Gty

erickazbrown

i'm a CC newbie and this is our first time on Oceania. We've sailed on RCL, Carnival, and Wind Star before. After reading some posts on CC, I asked my TA to call Oceania today and ask about any upgrade/upsell opptys for our voyage next week on Marina - Baltic Treasures. It would cost $750pp to upgrade from C-Deluxe Outside (GTY) to a PH3. Is that a good deal? List price difference is $2,000+ pp so seems like a good deal, esp with the jump from 260 to 420 sq ft. Not sure we'd utilize the butler service much, we had that at St Regis on our honeymoon a few years ago and didn't know what to do with him. Appreciate the help and insight of any Oceania veterans out there.

Thanks,

Eric

I would take it for the extra space and larger balcony. For a 10 day cruise it comes out to $75a day p/p. worth it in my opinion! Plus there are many extra perks that go along with a PH. Check on the O website for list to see if it is worth it to you. Also, ask for the location of the PH they are offering to see if the location is okay with you.

I would take it in a heartbeat!

It is a personal choice only you can decide if it is worth it

If you like more space with a walk in closet go for it

You do not have to use the butler services if you do not want to

I do not think there is a bad cabin on Marina ;)

Grab it. You will be thrilled with the PH on Marina.

+1

I think you should take it also, the difference between the Oceanview Cabins and the Penthouse Suites (particularly on the Oceania Class Ships) is HUGE!

o-staterooms-3d-c.jpg

o-staterooms-3d-ph3.jpg

The additional width of the room does not come across well in these renderings, but this section of the deck plan will give you some idea of the additional "elbow room" that you will be buying:

180532.jpg

This may sound like a peculiar question, but I am tall. Is the bath in both cabins the same size/length? It is difficult to tell from the drawings. Thanks

I believe that both are the same dimension; at any rate I'm 6'3 and was fine in both. :D

Yes sir, that photograph is a Penthouse, and yes sir they are AWESOME!

Of all of the improvements that Oceania made, when developing the Oceania Class Ships, I would put the "new & improved" Penthouses at the very top of the list!

JimandStan.

With all your photo skills and stash of pictures can you display a side by side of Marina penhouse 7133 and 7135? I really would appreciate seeing the comparison between the two and especially the much discussed bed to wall space.

Thank you in advance,

Ron :):):)

JimandStan.

With all your photo skills and stash of pictures can you display a side by side of Marina penhouse 7133 and 7135? I really would appreciate seeing the comparison between the two and especially the much discussed bed to wall space.

Thank you in advance,

Ron

I'll answer this again, but the difference is not dramatic, and you may not be able to discerne what all the fuss is about:

100803.jpg7133 has the dimensions of a "normal" penthouse (or very close to it).

140811.jpgWhereas 7135 is slightly narrower for the entire length of the room

Because of the layout of the furniture, the smaller square footage is "felt" most at the foot of the bed, where the split loveseat and table seem too close to the credenza opposite.

203238.jpg but to my mind, the major difference between the two rooms is that the walk in Closet of 7135 is very small indeed.

223925.jpg This is the closet as it would appear in 7133. The closet in 7135 is half as wide.

Mahalo,

This is a big help because they are "togther" viewings. The photo angle of the love seats and table in 7135 is different from that of 7133 so might be a bit deceiving to the eye. However, I think I have read distance table to dresser is 18/24 inches less than normal penthouse. We have 7133 and so all this research may prove for nothing unless 7130/7135 become avaiable. We would opt for the latter to gain the larger veranda with an exterior wake view. Our 18 day voyage has nine at sea with a moon from half to full to half and our favorite veranda hours are those at night over a vanishing silver wake. Yes, wind could be a problem but in my experience I have found port and starboard verandas always windy due to the progress of the ship while fantails more protected and calm. Granted the O design is more exposed than normal but the privacy screen should be a good wind buffer.

Oceania Cruises should have you both on retainer. I owe you a drink should we ever sail togther. :)

Cheers, Ron

We just returned from the Baltic cruise on Marina. We took the upgrade deal and were very pleased. The extra space made all the difference on the 10 day cruise. The butler was great. We had breakfast served every morning but only did dinner in our suite once on a particularly long day in St Petersburg. We were mid ship and close to the lounge. That was nice for very early coffee.

One nice part of the extra space was a walk in closet. Really made a big difference.

Have fun.

... but to my mind, the major difference between the two rooms is that the walk in Closet of 7135 is very small indeed.

223925.jpg This is the closet as it would appear in 7133. The closet in 7135 is half as wide.

If I remember correctly, in order to preserve the notion of a walk-in closet, the clothes-hanging bar in the narrower closet goes across the end of the closet, not the width as pictured above. This changes the clothes hanging space from about 6 feet to a couple of feet. I don't recall if there was a bar at both ends of the closet, but the space I saw was enough to turn me off. Those folks who choose a penthouse for the closet would dislike it.

If I remember correctly, in order to preserve the notion of a walk-in closet, the clothes-hanging bar in the narrower closet goes across the end of the closet, not the width as pictured above. This changes the clothes hanging space from about 6 feet to a couple of feet. I don't recall if there was a bar at both ends of the closet, but the space I saw was enough to turn me off. Those folks who choose a penthouse for the closet would dislike it.

Don,

You are correct. The hanging space is on the narrow end of the closet (to me that is the width, not the length), and the shoe rack does interfere with some of the hanging space. I would guess the length of the rack is maybe at most 2 1/2 feet. We hung our robes on the end of the rack closest to the shoe rack since we don't use them very often. You are correct that if someone is looking for the nice sized walk in closet 7135 is not for them. The same can be said re the space between the foot of the bed and the built in furniture. It was no way close to the amount shown in Jim's picture for a standard PH. If I was seated at the vanity area, Glen had a hard time getting past me.

Cenia

I agree totally with JimandStan re: the improvement of the PHs in the larger ships. They are truly a pleasure to stay in. However, since I am not a big user of the balcony I much prefer the larger closet in the regular PHs. This is personal, of course, and I can certainly understand why some people love the larger balconies. For me the regular one is large enough.

Can we call this the depth? Not having seen subjects closets, but in photo in case of 7133) I would think bar is to the right or left as you look directly into space. Correct?

Whatever you call it, the point is that the walk in closet in 7135 has the hanging rod only on the short side of the rectangle, not on the long side as it is in a standard penthouse (and is in my photograph).

We grabbed the upsell opportunity from a Concierge to PH1 on our upcoming Greek Glory Cruise on the Riviera leaving a week today. This was just after we had received our cruise document book from Oceania. I emailed, and when no response, phoned Oceania directly a week later to find out about our baggage tags, which had the old cabin number and class. Once I finally reached someone who could help, I was assured that new tags would be sent out. It's now been almost a month since I made my initial inquiry, and still no tags in the mail. I know it shouldn't be a problem getting new tags at the port, but it's just one more thing we need to deal with. Kind of disappointed that Oceania didn't do this automatically when we made the switch without my having to contact them. Will take the old tags with me and label over the cabin number, just in case we run into issues with the baggage drop off.

We grabbed the upsell opportunity from a Concierge to PH1 on our upcoming Greek Glory Cruise on the Riviera leaving a week today. This was just after we had received our cruise document book from Oceania. I emailed, and when no response, phoned Oceania directly a week later to find out about our baggage tags, which had the old cabin number and class. Once I finally reached someone who could help, I was assured that new tags would be sent out. It's now been almost a month since I made my initial inquiry, and still no tags in the mail. I know it shouldn't be a problem getting new tags at the port, but it's just one more thing we need to deal with. Kind of disappointed that Oceania didn't do this automatically when we made the switch without my having to contact them. Will take the old tags with me and label over the cabin number, just in case we run into issues with the baggage drop off.

We've done that several times. Just cross out the old cabin and write in the new. Our luggage was never delayed.

Archived