Gold VIP Party on ship?

planb

Is this some sort of a nugget?

The chicken app on the Valor was close along the lines of a chicken salad, but was VERY good. I think I must have had nearly a dozen of them.

Also the number of wait staff per guest was such a huge improvement over last year's past guest party. The aisles of the theater was full of app and beverage servers.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Just off the Magic last week and same great experience. We hadn't attended in years; but went this year with the current changes. Plenty of food and beverage to go round. At least 3 servers per aisle.

The theme was also Mardi Gras in honor of CCL's first ship. The first 16oz. beverage served was the original DOD served on board the Mardi Gras. It was some sort of rum punch - we are not fans of sweet drinks, so we asked a couple of servers to order a different drink. Both of them refused us; but the third server said no problem. She retrieved (2) gin&tonics for us and then returned in about 15 minutes with two more and before we left she served two more. She was generously tipped. :D :D :D

Off the Valor in June and the gold party was held in teh Ivanhoe theater in two different sessions. You could only attend one as they collected the invitation so it was a nice cocktail party before dinner on sea day two. Saw the corny CCL towel animal short subject movie and the CD did a welcome but then the Valor band and a singer belted very good songs for the hour.

Apps were very good and the red drink on our ship was a rum punch; very strong! Tipped a lovely young waitress $10 and she made sure we had plenty of drinks and set us up with 'one for the road' on our way to the MDR.

It has improved a lot since pre VIFP program.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

on last past guest party back in feb I tipped the first waiter 5$ and he brought us more drinks before the glass was half empty, so I tipped him another 5$ and he came back with a tray and sat them all down on our little pedestal! It was too funny, we got dirty glares from the people around us (who never tipped)

lol

golfadj, Just off of the Fantasy today and they served me beer and my wife got champagne. They had two different type drinks already mixed. One was yellow the other was red. I talked to the bartender and they were made with "top shelve" liquor. Ready made drinks were in 16 oz glasses and people said they were strong. There were appox. 50 people at the party and it was held in the back lounge. Everybody had a good time.

So they do a gold party on the fantasy class ?? Short cruises ?

Pat

I'm Gold, but my boyfriend is Red. How are they treating situations like that? Would he be able to attend with me? I was able to bring him into the past guest party on his first Carnival cruise last December with no problem but was wondering if they're being more strict now.

I'm Gold, but my boyfriend is Red. How are they treating situations like that? Would he be able to attend with me? I was able to bring him into the past guest party on his first Carnival cruise last December with no problem but was wondering if they're being more strict now.

You should be just fine........enjoy the party........:)

I am assuming we are invited to the "Gold"..and/or the "Platinum" PGP ? and then perhaps, to a Diamond special Captains thing..?..We may be the only Diamonds?....We met last year on the MAGIC Repo, and been cool buds ever since. Me Loves me Melon Ballers!!! Bring 'em on!

just off the Pride with Tammi. it was so much better than the old past guest parties. and way less people. It was on Tuesday, a sea day (right after our meet and greet party so 2 hours of free drinks!)

Not sure if you can order something specific

as far as appetizers they had chicken balls, beef stroganoff and veggie pizza

it was also in a smaller room, not the main theater

I didn't know chickens had balls! (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

a couple hours ago today, there was a thread about what John Herald had said about this in his blog....and now the thread is gone?? What happened to it or am I overlooking it? I posted in it and it doesn't show up in my statistics....weird...

We will be turning gold level on our next cruise. I have been told and have read on Carnival's site that we would be invited to the PGP. I am just wondering if anyone has had experience with this yet.

All4fun&fun4all, Yes you will be invited to the party. When you get your sail & sign card it will be the color that you will reach during the cruise. They now call it the GPD or VIFP party. Enjoy,:pPink:p PS you should get a "gold" pin along with your invitation.

Laurie S, just off of the Fantasy yesterday and my wife and I had to show our invitations at the door.It was a 5 day cruise.

On Liberty two weeks ago I was offered two different drinks, a red rum punch and a pineapple concoction, both were good so I didn't ask about substitutes, and I had four I think and could have had more. Madi Gras beads, same films and clap for the ships you've been on, but the film didn't work. I had a roast beef dish and bruchetta (sic), both good. Captain and department heads all met greeted, brought the only Diamond on stage. Had the band for part of the party, switched to DJ for the rest. Similar but better, smaller obviously.

We will be turning gold level on our next cruise. I have been told and have read on Carnival's site that we would be invited to the PGP. I am just wondering if anyone has had experience with this yet.

Your gonna take The Andrew to the party.... now things are really going downhill!:D:eek:

a couple hours ago today, there was a thread about what John Herald had said about this in his blog....and now the thread is gone?? What happened to it or am I overlooking it? I posted in it and it doesn't show up in my statistics....weird...

I posted on it too, and my guess is that someone or some people didn't like what I or someone else posted and somewhere down the line the thread got nasty or initially, the post showed what John posted and while I was typing it was changed to the url instead..

I posted that John said a SPOUSE in the SAME CABIN could attend. I don't know if it's a GF/BF situation or just a cabinmate situation if they would be able to attend.

I think anyone who is not traveling with a spouse should write to John on facebook or go to guest services onboard and see what the rules are. He was only specific in the one and he was very specific. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but I think it would be embarrassing to show up and be turned away. JMO.

I posted on it too, and my guess is that someone or some people didn't like what I or someone else posted and somewhere down the line the thread got nasty or initially, the post showed what John posted and while I was typing it was changed to the url instead..

I posted that John said a SPOUSE in the SAME CABIN could attend. I don't know if it's a GF/BF situation or just a cabinmate situation if they would be able to attend.

I think anyone who is not traveling with a spouse should write to John on facebook or go to guest services onboard and see what the rules are. He was only specific in the one and he was very specific. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but I think it would be embarrassing to show up and be turned away. JMO.

i wrote JH on fb asking if my gf could go he replied yes but i am diamond

Archived