formal nights

mrsmagnolia

I wish Celebrity would make every night "business casual". I'm fed up of dressing up on Formal Night and watching other people come into the MDR dressed like they were going to the beach.

We just got off the Century and the dining room was only 2/3 full. In the Theatre very few people were still dressed up. Some changed after dinner into shorts! With the luggage weight restrictions you would think they would rethink this!

I wish Celebrity would make every night "business casual". I'm fed up of dressing up on Formal Night and watching other people come into the MDR dressed like they were going to the beach.

We just got off the Century and the dining room was only 2/3 full. In the Theatre very few people were still dressed up. Some changed after dinner into shorts! With the luggage weight restrictions you would think they would rethink this!

I believe the only reason they haven't gone to "smart casual" every night is because the formal nights give people an incentive to go to the specialty restaurants which are "smart casual."

Please do not feel that you have to miss out on formal night! All you need is a simple long skirt, black is my choice, a couple of simple dressy tops. Takes up no more space than a tee shirt! Shop the formal wear sales around the holidays or discount bridal family and party wear [depending on your age]! You will be surprised at the tops you will see. Many items are that no wrinkle cool knit! Check out Chico's, they know how to do dressy, simple travel!

Men, a simple dark suit. If you want a vest with bow tie, go for it!

But please do not feel that you are not dressed properly for the formal night!

It is a fun night! Also, you will see many versions of formal!

:rolleyes: Just wondering, it's the first time I have debated on skipping out on the 2 formal nights on the 10 day Carribbean cruise in March, really feel like skipping all the extra clothes, shoes,etc....but don't want to miss out on the lobster night which is usually the last "formal nights" meal, can you have this meal substituted in any other dining area that evening?

...and where would I find out about laundry service, would it be in Celebrity's web site?

Thanks for any suggestions....

Alittle off post but thought I'd post here rather than start another dress thread!

Hubby and I are planning on making our formal nights more special this year and are booking Muranos and the Tuscan Grill. We plan to wear our formal gear - will we look out of place or will it be a good mix of dress in these restaurants on formal nights ?

Thanks - :)

I think (just one person's opinion) you will look just fine:)

As I said I have been shopping for my cruise and holiday in general. I have a new black evening dress in the sale great buy!

Also in the Uk at the moment maxi dresses are very much in fashion I have bought 3 i plain sea green and 2 patterned. Any of them could easily be worn as evening with a little bit of dressing up.

I will wear them for going ashore and also around the ship. Now they have the Brunch which is a lovely event and I shall wear one of them for that.

I have paid only £37.50 for a dress which cost £125

The maxi dresses were all from M&S and in the sale. I had to order a few online as my size was not in the store. Anything that did not like or fit I was able to take back to the store. I will be able to roll them up and they will take little space and are not heavy so I am delighted with my efforts. Also been able to buy little shrugs to wear over if necessary. I think as others have suggested a black skirt is a great idea and of course a couple of tops. I rarely wear skirts but love my dresses are my thing. There are still some bargains out there The weather has been terrible here so lots of summer clothing on sale. I will be staying on in Australia for 5 weeks at the end of my cruise so the new summer clothing will be well used. The OLD things a lot will be left behind.

Just ENJOY whatever you wear.

Sue

That is great to know but I couldn't imagine enjoying a meal in my cabin. Does Celebrity rent tuxedos, some cruise lines do?

Depends on your cabin! This is when it is soo worth it to have a suite! I cannot think of a better dinner than on your balcony! Even a larger balcony cabin is worth the extra! Private balcony!

Archived