Platinum - Laundry Service?

riedela

We are sailing August 2012 and Feb 2013 on the Magic. Is there still free laundry service for Platinum members?

Thanks in advance

Happy cruising everyone!!

Yes, on a cruise of 7 nights, there is free Platinum wash & fold service of 3 bags per Platinum member. 5 nights and under it is 2 bags per member.

Best platinum perk they offer.

When on a BTB you can't beat it. Nice to home with clean clothes regardless. :)

I am assuming the 3 bag limit is their latest change and it should stay that way for some time. Spouse and I are both plat so that still works for us.

Thanks for the info Mike

Have never used it.

Is there a way to indicate that the clothing is delicate and should NOT be laundered using hot water and high drying temps?

As I understand all of your stuff goes into a net bag and is washed at very high temp and guessing drying is also at a high temp.

If clothing is delicate would suggest you not give it to them.

Have never used it.

Is there a way to indicate that the clothing is delicate and should NOT be laundered using hot water and high drying temps?

We have received back as clean as new and once or twice with some light bleach stains. Personally, I would stick to t-shirts, shorts, socks, etc. Nothing expensive.

Yep. That's what I figured. It might be good for those who wear cotton t-shirts and cargo shorts. Not so good for those of us who don't.

But I'll have the guest laundry rooms all to myself on turnaround day. Not exactly how I want to spend my time, but if I need to do a light load, I can do it that morning when everyone else is moping around and dragging their suitcases through the Lido buffet! :p

Best platinum perk they offer.

I also agree. We have never sent out more than 3 bags total, so 6 bags available is no big deal. Although a cut (reduction from unlimited) I doubt very many used it that much. It does help with packing underwear, socks, shorts, and T's.

Be careful about leaving you laundry in the washer on turn-around day on your B2B...we put ours in the washer and told the stewards what we were doing and went back in about 30 minutes and our laundry was gone!!! Most people were off the ship at that time...just wanted to let you know!:mad:

We have received back as clean as new and once or twice with some light bleach stains. Personally, I would stick to t-shirts, shorts, socks, etc. Nothing expensive.

VERY good advise. I once sent a knit shirt, and I got back a shirt that fits my Schnauzer. (Miniature Schnauzer at that!) :eek: I absolutely won't send anything but undies, socks, denim shorts, and clothing that I know won't shrink, or be bleached out. They do a good job of cleaning your clothing, but with the above caveats! ;)

"SKY"

It a perfect perk for bringing home clean undies , socks and t-shirts, Pj's things of that sort. All the delicate cloths I just repack and take to the cleaners when I get home :) So nice not having to do a big wash as soon as you get home!!!!!

Be careful about leaving you laundry in the washer on turn-around day on your B2B...we put ours in the washer and told the stewards what we were doing and went back in about 30 minutes and our laundry was gone!!! Most people were off the ship at that time...just wanted to let you know!:mad:

Did they compensate you for losing your stuff?

We use the laundry wash and fold to get us through the second half of our vacation. We wash and dry all clothing when we get home, even if we never wore it. Thinking bed bugs. We also put our suitcases out in the cold overnight when we get home just to make sure.

No, they said we shouldn't have left it in there...we should have stayed with it. They compared it to leaving something on a bar stool and someone taking it.

I see their point but how low can you go to steal someones clothes like that.

They have a new way of billing you for the VIP Laundry Service.. It used to be that you just wrote your Sail & Sign # on the bag with Platinum above it and that was it..

Now you will notice a non refundable credit on you account. $ depending on Length of cruise (# of bags allowed x $15)... When you send the laundry off they will charge your account and deduct it from the credit.. the credit can only be used for the laundry and at the end of the cruise will no longer show on your bill except if you sent laundry in you will see a credit & debit for laundry services.

Never send anything you value or that will shrink.. I once got back a pair of pants that were 2 sizes smaller and it was not because I had grown 2 sizes at the buffet :p We also had some tshirts that had fade marks from darker clothes on them but they were just everyday shirts so no worries.

I do carry a few laundry sheets & dryer sheets with me just in case I have to use the laundry room for the more delicate items

They have a new way of billing you for the VIP Laundry Service.. It used to be that you just wrote your Sail & Sign # on the bag with Platinum above it and that was it..

Now you will notice a non refundable credit on you account. $ depending on Length of cruise (# of bags allowed x $15)... When you send the laundry off they will charge your account and deduct it from the credit.. the credit can only be used for the laundry and at the end of the cruise will no longer show on your bill except if you sent laundry in you will see a credit & debit for laundry services.

This makes sense. If they assign a GL # to the credit/debit, they can actually track and see how much this is used. If it gets to the point that it really climbs, look for the beards at CCL to take this away or diminish it further.:(

This makes sense. If they assign a GL # to the credit/debit, they can actually track and see how much this is used. If it gets to the point that it really climbs, look for the beards at CCL to take this away or diminish it further.:(

But than it wont be brillianticon12.gif

Archived