Can I bring protein shakes instead of soda/water?

terri1020

I will be having surgery before our Oct. cruise. I will be eating very little and must supplement with protein shakes. I would like to bring a case of ready made shakes on board with us. Do you suppose this will cause a problem?

The rules say non alcoholic beverages. I'm guessing you'd be ok but a call can't hurt. I might try to find some in cans instead of bottles though, I've caught posts here and there about bottles being much more scritizied than cans.

Not a problem at all - you are allowed 12 non-alcoholic beverages up to 20 ounces each.

If you need more than that, you could bring protein powder and mix your own......

I agree with this .. and there are some excellent powdered shake mixes that are protein based.

nonalcoholic means just that .. dont know why you would call as some above suggested to clarify what nonalcoholic means.

I had bariatric surgery in November and have been on 2 cruises since. I just put my shakes in my carryon and had no problem. I also took a lunch box size soft sided cooler and asked my room steward for extra ice. Worked great - and this way since I was eating so little I was still making my protein goals for the day.

Enjoy your cruise. It's definately different but I had a great time. Looking forward to my next one.

Archived