Required vs Recommended

Bridge Maven

Currently Celebrity does enforce it, in a nice way.Very glad they do.

I'll let you know after my upcoming 13 day cruise. They sure did not on my 2010 Baltic cruise or the ones before that. We always went to guest relations on the ship to ask if a sport coat and tie and dress slacks was acceptable on the formal nights and always were told it was fine. So we shall see, won't we?

I'll let you know after my upcoming 13 day cruise. They sure did not on my 2010 Baltic cruise or the ones before that. We always went to guest relations on the ship to ask if a sport coat and tie and dress slacks was acceptable on the formal nights and always were told it was fine. So we shall see, won't we?

I'm sure a dark sport coat with dark slacks as in your photo would not ever be a problem. It looks like a suit and especially nowadays will get someone in the dining room. It's still not formal clothing according to Celebrity, but as I said they don't care to argue with people. People can do as they like and take their chances, but let's not pretend that it's what everyone does.

I just got off the Summit yesterday and you really didn't need to be to formal. Many men including myself wore a sport jacket without a tie. Some wore just a dress shirt. I would say a sport jacket was the norm. I counted 2 dinner jackets and 1 tuxedo. My wife wore slacks and a nice blouse. End of story.

I just got off the Summit yesterday and you really didn't need to be to formal. Many men including myself wore a sport jacket without a tie. Some wore just a dress shirt. I would say a sport jacket was the norm. I counted 2 dinner jackets and 1 tuxedo. My wife wore slacks and a nice blouse. End of story.

Just curious...did you consider what you wore formal? And welcome to Cruise Critic.

Archived