money back from NCL

MAMATAMA

Hi All,

I am always checking prices for my cruise, I noticed yesterday that my cruise to Bermuda in Aug 10th was a $650.oo price drop.

I called my amazing TA and I was offered and up grade or a credit of $650 towards next years cruise...I took the money as I love my room.

Just thought I share the great news...Hope some one else will benefit also..

That'a terrific. My PCC said if there were an upgrade available then that's what would happen (for me), otherwise only about 25% of the difference would be allowed as OBC. It sounded rather cheap, but that's what he said.

Who is your PCC? Can you say? I have never had that treatment! My PCC has changed so many times, I'm not even sure who mine is anymore so I just call the 1-800 number and even though everyone is polite, I usually hang up disappointed.

Someone else also said she had a Future Cruise Credit because of a price drop. I wonder if this is NCL's new policy instead of giving OBC for the current cruise - they can lock you into another cruise to recoup your money???? Seems smart on their end - If so I'm not sure how I feel about it. I hope it is only for after final payment.

I use our local travel agency who I have used for years, I live in a small town and we know her peronaly.

I rec a certificate for 650 dollars towards my next cruise. I cruise once a year and no have not booked yet... But I will...

I was palying on the NCL site and noticed the price drop and called my TA and she took care of the rest.

I was not interseted in the upgrade, very happy with room I have now...

I do not htink I can use it for anything but a future cruise, but thats fine with me as I will be booking one...

It always fascinates me that if there's a price drop after a cruise has already been booked, then folks expect a credit or OBC or some other credit. But if there is a price increase the same people would strongly object if NCL billed them for the difference.

Human nature is fascinating.

Always two sides to thinks like this, anyway, our cruise also dropped $500pp after final payment, I was told by my PCC that I could take $250 (25%)more in OBC or $500 off a future cruise, since we already have $450 OBC on our Aug. cruise I went for the $500 off are Jan. cruise. We have a $400 OBC + $500 cert. our AFT. suite is now $1049pp for 7 days with all the perks.

That's a sweet suite deal ;)

Always two sides to thinks like this, anyway, our cruise also dropped $500pp after final payment, I was told by my PCC that I could take $250 (25%)more in OBC or $500 off a future cruise, since we already have $450 OBC on our Aug. cruise I went for the $500 off are Jan. cruise. We have a $400 OBC + $500 cert. our AFT. suite is now $1049pp for 7 days with all the perks.

Is it NCL policy to receive your price drop in a future cruise credit, and not as OBC for the currently booked cruise that you have the price drop from? Hmmm :(

I see at times, policy is who you talk to, you can get 3 different answers from 3 different PCCs. To ad, NCL did not have to do anything for me with the price drop after final payment but they did. Was it for costumer service? was it because they dropped the price so much and people started to complain? and NCL would not have given me a credit if I had not called, Im happy for making that call and not writing on CC that I should stick with what I paid at final payment and be done.

It always fascinates me that if there's a price drop after a cruise has already been booked, then folks expect a credit or OBC or some other credit. But if there is a price increase the same people would strongly object if NCL billed them for the difference.

Human nature is fascinating.

Probably the reason for this is some cruise lines.. (and I think Carnival is one of them) will give a credit for the difference. I also think Carnival may have stopped doing this now, but I know for the longest time they did.

I see at times, policy is who you talk to, you can get 3 different answers from 3 different PCCs. To ad, NCL did not have to do anything for me with the price drop after final payment but they did. Was it for costumer service? was it because they dropped the price so much and people started to complain? and NCL would not have given me a credit if I had not called, Im happy for making that call and not writing on CC that I should stick with what I paid at final payment and be done.

Jerry I agree completely that folks should always ask for what they want or what they feel is fair. If they don't, then they have no one to blame but themselves. Where you seem to be different than a lot of people who do that is I get the feeling that had you been told no, the price is what you paid, sorry, you would have gone on your way and had a terrific vacation. Some people who ask and are told no will let it ruin their great time. THAT to me is the saddest thing, because then it really means they have lost ALL of their money, not just the difference in fare.

I just talked to a supervisor at NCL and she confirmed that after final payment they will give you FCC but ONLY if the price drop is more than $500 (mine is not unfortunately). Otherwise your only option is an upgrade if the price has dropped enough to get you into that category.

I just found out this from NCL, our cruise dropped in price $500pp so NCL gave us a $500 total FCC or $250pp, since I have 2 cruises booked I asked to use the FCC, they said I could not use on our cruise this month, but I could use ONLY 1 of the $250 FCC certs. on our cruise in JAN. and was told it should be on NEW bookings only, but used it anyway. So I guess if I was to book a new cruise I could use it all, but I would lose some of my OBC. Im still happy the way it ended up. The suite life lives on.

Hi All,

I am always checking prices for my cruise, I noticed yesterday that my cruise to Bermuda in Aug 10th was a $650.oo price drop.

I called my amazing TA and I was offered and up grade or a credit of $650 towards next years cruise...I took the money as I love my room.

Just thought I share the great news...Hope some one else will benefit also..

That is AWESOME!

Jerry I agree completely that folks should always ask for what they want or what they feel is fair. If they don't, then they have no one to blame but themselves. Where you seem to be different than a lot of people who do that is I get the feeling that had you been told no, the price is what you paid, sorry, you would have gone on your way and had a terrific vacation. Some people who ask and are told no will let it ruin their great time. THAT to me is the saddest thing, because then it really means they have lost ALL of their money, not just the difference in fare.

I so agree with this!

Archived