Decisions -- Oasis -- D1 -- floor 6 or 10?

WE were on deck 10, and it was in a convenient location, but deck 6 would have been even more convenient! We also like being lower to the water.

I don't think you could go wrong with either one, but given a choice, I'd pick deck 6.

So, I'm cruising on Oasis -- and have a choice for Category D1 on deck 6 or 10. I've never been on this ship before...

What would you choose deck 6 or 10?

Thank you :)

6. One deck down to Royal Promenade. Two decks up to Central Park.

So it wasn't too loud in Deck 6?

No. It doesn't look this way on the deck plans, but the cabins are in their own hallway that is separated from the Boardwalk. The stairs/elevators are in their own lobby.

We have been on Oasis 4 times (and 2 on Allure) and will be sailing on her again in 3 weeks.

We always prefer the lower balcony decks to be closer on the water and the Promenade, Boardwalk and Central Park decks. While you can't go wrong on most of the decks on the Oasis class for a variety of reasons, we strongly prefer 6, 7 and 8 ... but 6 as our very favorite.

Try to book the starboard side since she almost always (except for occasional drills when she may dock on Port side) docks on that side. You will have a great view of the port when you are docked.

Depends on what you want to do and where it is. We stayed in a D1 on dck 10 and found it convenient ( vertically) to the things we liked to do...deck 8 central park and Solarium. We found it far from the Boardwalk and sports decks in the stern, and would not choose another D1 for this ship. I felt the slightly larger balcony was not really worth even a couple of hundred bucks. On Allure we are staying in a regular ocean balcony. Across from our daughters BW balcony because we are likely to spend more time there, on the sports deck than in the Solarium traveling with the teens. So all these things are considerations when choosing your deck.

Deck 6 is much closer vertically to the Promenade (5) and the same distance to the CP (8), but a long climb up or elevator to enjoy the pools and sports decks...your call!

I would probably pick 6 over 10. We sailed on deck 12 which put us close to the pools and the windjammer. But it was a long trek down to the Royal Promenade. I think 10 is a little more inconvenient, because you are still pretty far up from Promenade and Boardwalk, and now also pretty far from the pools. I think 10 would require more Elevator waiting than 6.

Archived