elite breakfast

mrsmagnolia

Now that we've established that black pudding and Marmite aren't available at the Elite breakfast . . .:rolleyes: . . .

It is lighter fare than at the buffet or in the dining room but there were some very nice choices. Our Equinox westbound transtatlantic last fall had about 1,000 Elites on board so we were in the Sky Lounge. Since the tables were small and/or low, it wasn't exactly an atmosphere conducive to eating a meal. We usually dined elsewhere then moved to the Elite breakfast for a cappucino. As someone mentioned, mimosas and bloody marys are also available. Some people just drank champagne with their breakfast.

Black Pudding is delicious! They had it on Eclipse in May in the breakfast buffet, but it wasn't the greatest.

Phil

Wow! I've never seen black pudding at the buffet but then again I've never sailed in Europe. I'll check the Equinox next Sept.

It is lighter fare than at the buffet or in the dining room but there were some very nice choices. Our Equinox westbound transtatlantic last fall had about 1,000 Elites on board so we were in the Sky Lounge. Since the tables were small and/or low, it wasn't exactly an atmosphere conducive to eating a meal. We usually dined elsewhere then moved to the Elite breakfast for a cappucino. As someone mentioned, mimosas and bloody marys are also available. Some people just drank champagne with their breakfast.

I agree, we did a Solstice TA back in late 2009, and the held Elite Breakfast in the Sky Lounge. Didn't work out too well as you mentioned. We did the same - breakfast elsewhere and bloody marys afterwards. :)

We were on Eclipse TA last fall with around the same amount of Elites on board. They held the Elite Breakfast in the Tuscan Grill. It was a great venue, never crowded, and it worked out very well. Great views from back aft while enjoying a lighter fare.

Serious stuff to know where and when all the options for breakfast are available. I typically have 2 or 3 of them (Elite being my last stop) before the lunch choices make an appearance. Sorry to have to bring up the black (blood) pudding again, but it is found under the offerings entitled 'English Breakfast'.

Wow! I've never seen black pudding at the buffet but then again I've never sailed in Europe. I'll check the Equinox next Sept.

Archived