Corfu taxi tours

Putterdude

Has anyone had any experience with any of the Corfu taxi tours. The two that are listed on Trip Adviser seem to be the same same group, Corfu Taxi Tours and Corfu Taxi Private Tours. I am being quoted rates in the e40 to e50 per hour per cab which compared to Valletta is only e20 per hour per cab. Is it the inflation that Greece has undergone or what?

Hello Putterdude,

I also read that they were highly recommended and we have booked with them for our cruise in August.

Upon our return next month I will be able to give you specific feedback about our tour with them, but for now all I can tell you is that they were very quick to respond to questions and have been very friendly.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone had any experience with any of the Corfu taxi tours. The two that are listed on Trip Adviser seem to be the same same group, Corfu Taxi Tours and Corfu Taxi Private Tours. I am being quoted rates in the e40 to e50 per hour per cab which compared to Valletta is only e20 per hour per cab. Is it the inflation that Greece has undergone or what?

We toured with Cristos from Corfu Taxi & it was a great day.

Hello Putterdude,

I also read that they were highly recommended and we have booked with them for our cruise in August.

Upon our return next month I will be able to give you specific feedback about our tour with them, but for now all I can tell you is that they were very quick to respond to questions and have been very friendly.

I will look forward to hearing from you....thanks.:)

We had a wonderful 6 hour day in October 2011 with Dimitri of Corfu taxi tours. It cost 40E/hour in 2011. The members of Corfu Taxi tours speak excellent English and give interesting talks. They have suggested tours but if you are particularly interested in something, the tour can be modified to suit your interests. We were interested in photography and old style customs so we went into very small villages and skipped the Palaces. The roads are very narrow, we were lucky to have such a good driver who could literally drive to the inch. At the end of the tour we went to lunch at a restaurant used by the cab drivers, it was authentic, inexpensive and the food was delicious. It was one of the best days I had on the cruise. If you don't want to spend 40E/hour, you could rent a car and drive yourself to the places you wanted to go. Some people have taken public buses to beaches, etc. Or you could try to organize a bus excursion including a boat ride. Or you could take your chances and just

hire a taxi driver at the port or in town after you had done sightseeing the town, but no guarantees on how good his English will be.

Great information and thank you. We are going with Spirios for about 5 hrs and 40e per hour seems to be the rate. Spirios, Dimitri and a third guy seem to be partners in Corfu Taxi Tours but operate separate websites.

Putterdude,

Is that a straight 200 Euro for the 5 hours, regardless of number of passengers?

We paid 200 Euro in Naples for 2 of us for about 6 hours. So it isn't just Greece. Prices were high everywhere but Turkey on our Med cruise in '08.

The price we have to pay, if we want to tour Europe. I'm told the Baltics are even more expensive!!!:eek:

Have a great trip!

Edited by agabbymama

Thanks agabbymama, yes that is 40e per hour for the taxi and it will take up to 4 pax but as DW and I are larger than the average European plus DW will bringing a folding wheelchair we thought it best to go on our own. I questioned the rate only because in Valletta the rate is only half that but maybe the cost of living in Malta is less than it is in Greece.....in Greece all the taxi people seem to quote 40e per hour.

Thanks agabbymama, yes that is 40e per hour for the taxi and it will take up to 4 pax but as DW and I are larger than the average European plus DW will bringing a folding wheelchair we thought it best to go on our own. I questioned the rate only because in Valletta the rate is only half that but maybe the cost of living in Malta is less than it is in Greece.....in Greece all the taxi people seem to quote 40e per hour.

I have a reservation with Spiros in October, would you say that 4 medium size people could fit? Is it 3 in the back and one up front?

Thanks

I have a reservation with Spiros in October, would you say that 4 medium size people could fit? Is it 3 in the back and one up front?

Thanks

I haven't used them yet and I am sure that there will be someone along who can give you better advice then me. However, I looked at the size of the Benz they use and decided I really didn't want to share for 5 hours...it was just going to be a bit close.

The car is the size of a medium sized sedan and can fit 4 adults (3 in back, 1 in front). Unless all the adults are large, it's doable. Plus you're not in the car constantly. You stop for several photo shoots, for a snack, to see a church, at the Achilleon palace, etc.

Price is per taxi, so the more the cheaper.

The car is the size of a medium sized sedan and can fit 4 adults (3 in back, 1 in front). Unless all the adults are large, it's doable. Plus you're not in the car constantly. You stop for several photo shoots, for a snack, to see a church, at the Achilleon palace, etc.

Price is per taxi, so the more the cheaper.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

We are also interested in booking with Corfu taxi tours in Oct. I have written them 5 times and have gotten no response. I am not sure I am writing to the right place. Could someone tell me how they got in touch with them? Thanks for any help.

Cindy

Thanks

We were four in September 2010 with Spiros. Not sure, of course, that it is the same car, but we put the largest gentleman (tall, not large) in the front, and the rest of us were very comfortable in the back (two ladies, one gentleman). We had a great tour and enjoyed ourselves very much. Our very best lunch of the entire 20-day cruise was in a family-run restaurant up in the hills (not the touristy areas down by the water) where the owner took us to the kitchen and his wife and mother-in-law brought fish, lamb chops, chicken, out of the refrigerator for us to make our choices. Those along with chunky skillet-fried potatoes, authentic Greek salads with red, ripe tomatoes and large slabs of local cheese, and a carafe of their homemade wine (and of course good friends) . . . well, it was just a special day.

I will say, if you run short of time and need to omit something, you might consider passing up Achillion Palace. The gardens and view were nice, but you will see many nicer palaces on a Med cruise. We thought the time for this stop could have been better spent.

Edited by beckntom

Can anyone tell me where they went on these tours? What towns did you visit? Did you stop and visit anywhere or just photo stops? I'm wondering what you do and where you actually go for 5 hours.

Thanks!

Edited by Sea42

Can anyone tell me where they went on these tours? What towns did you visit? Did you stop and visit anywhere or just photo stops? I'm wondering what you do and where you actually go for 5 hours.

Thanks!

You drive around and look at the scenery and stop for photos where there are beautiful views ( there are many of them), famous monasteries or quaint villages. If you want you can stop and tour 19th C palaces. It's a panoramic veiw of a beautiful island. We loved it, but some people have complained there are too many olive trees. Check their suggested tours.

We are also interested in booking with Corfu taxi tours in Oct. I have written them 5 times and have gotten no response. I am not sure I am writing to the right place. Could someone tell me how they got in touch with them? Thanks for any help.

Cindy

I have had the same experience, not a good sign.

Spiros Kritikos and Dimitris Dafnis

They work together, and we had them both because we were a group of 8.

Two beautiful Mercedes sedans, we rode 3 in the back and one in front with driver.

Fabulous day in Corfu, and I highly recommend them!

http://www.corfutaxitours.com/about.htm

7941658704_fc705998b4_c.jpg

IMG_1828 by BobalinkToo, on Flickr

6039687995_1c2d6e9c90_z.jpg

Corfu, Greece by BobalinkToo, on Flickr

6040236658_1062f21bfd_z.jpg

Edited by bobalink

You drive around and look at the scenery and stop for photos where there are beautiful views ( there are many of them), famous monasteries or quaint villages. If you want you can stop and tour 19th C palaces. It's a panoramic view of a beautiful island. We loved it, but some people have complained there are too many olive trees. Check their suggested tours.

It sounds beautiful! Thank you for the information.

Edited by Sea42

• 3 weeks later...

We just got home yesterday from our 17 day cruise. In Corfu we used Spirios and he was great, knows his island and speaks very good English. Spriros, while only in his young 40's has been in the taxi/tour business all his life, a business he used to share with his father. He with 4 other owner operators have a loose affiliation if necessary he can rely on up to 10 owner/operators. While expensive it was clearly the best tour that we had in any of our ports. His Benz is about 3 years old and is immaculate.

We chose to not share the taxi and was rather glad we didn't, the Benz being rear wheel drive has rather a large drive train hump that a person would have have to spread with their feet. However, sharing is not impossible if 4 people are average to small in size, being over 6 feet I had some difficulty exiting the car from the rear seat gracefully.

Spiros was waiting from us outside the cruise terminal and we had a full 5 hour tour which was tailored to suit the fact that DW has MS and needs to bring along a folding wheelchair which fitted well in the trunk. At the end of the 5 hour tour Spiros let us out at the old town. He said he would he would come back to get us...I asked what would happen if he had another fare or tour...he said he would send one of his associates to get us. True to his word he did have an associate come and pick us up at the designated place and time and he would not take any money for taking us back to the ship....Spiros had looked after it, however the associate did accept a 5e tip.

To sum it up, we had a wonderful time and would recommend Spiros and his associates in a heartbeat.

• 1 month later...
Spiros Kritikos and Dimitris Dafnis

They work together, and we had them both because we were a group of 8.

Two beautiful Mercedes sedans, we rode 3 in the back and one in front with driver.

Fabulous day in Corfu, and I highly recommend them!

http://www.corfutaxitours.com/about.htm

7941658704_fc705998b4_c.jpg

IMG_1828 by BobalinkToo, on Flickr

6039687995_1c2d6e9c90_z.jpg

6040236658_1062f21bfd_z.jpg

We used this company and while all of my communication was with Dimitri who was supposed to be our guide, he took another couple and Alex was our guide. We were disappointed in our tour and would not recommend the company.

It sounds beautiful! Thank you for the information.

If you have never been to Corfu there is a free shuttle from the port that will take you to old town. You will have a great time exploring that area .

We used Corfu Taxi Tours on a late-October cruise. We were quite happy with our 3-hour tour. The Mercedes was great for the two of us. We chose a general route which took us to a variety of sites and included great viewpoints. We chose not to go to the Achilleion in order to make better use of our time. We did have a stop at a nice gift shop in the hills, but I did not feel that this was at all an abuse of our time. Prices were very reasonable, and there were plenty of tasty samples.