Princess vs Celebrity handling of kids

6gems

Our extended family is taking the Sapphire California Coastal in April. Our 6 grandkids had a wonderful time on Celebrity's Infinity. The waitstaff in the main dining room were so accomodating and friendly. I am concerned that Princess' waitstaff may not be likewise. Would love to hear from anyone who has experience with kids in the Princess dining rooms. P.S. The 6 kids had their own table and we plan to do the same in April.

The Princess waitstaff are great with kids. Overall, service and food is better on Princess than Celebrity (in my experience) and Princess waitstaff are very accommodating to any off-menu or modification request. Plus, the buffet is open with complete meal options from early in the morning until late at night, and the pizza is the best at sea.

Our extended family is taking the Sapphire California Coastal in April. Our 6 grandkids had a wonderful time on Celebrity's Infinity. The waitstaff in the main dining room were so accomodating and friendly. I am concerned that Princess' waitstaff may not be likewise. Would love to hear from anyone who has experience with kids in the Princess dining rooms. P.S. The 6 kids had their own table and we plan to do the same in April.

Our 3 grand kids have only been on Princess and the waitstaff has always gone "overboard" to make them happy. They love the kids menu that is geared towards things kids enjoy most. Don't know how old your grand kids are, however the 2 older ones (8 & 11) prefer the kids zone to eating dinner with us, so many nights we would take them to the buffet and then to the kids zone to play. The kids also loved the fresh water pools on Princess (not sure if Celebrity has this).

We went on an Alaska cruise with Princess with my daughter's family that included my 3 yo grandson. It my grandson who had the best time of us!!! He loved the Pelicans. We bought him a little suit for formal night. He lasted all but 5 minutes before we took him back to the Pelicans so he could play with his new friends.

Celebrity also has a great children's program. Additionally, they do offer baby sitting services. Depending as to how busy they are, they may tell you that the baby sitting service will be available at their camp. And yes, they will change diapers if needed.

Food is subjective. I have no problem with the food with either cruise line. Celebrity has more staff per passenger ratio that Princess. These two cruise lines are different in their own particular way as well. You can't go wrong with either cruise line.

On the cel Cons the service in the mdr first seating was very good.

On the Crown, for 24 days, in the mdr for any-time dinner the service was PERFECT...........:D Only my 6 year who don't speak much english tried to say something, the waiter and headwaiter did whatever they could do to make her happy. After the second night they knew what she liked and how she wanted it. Because it was any-time-dining they even tok the time to play with her and gave her a service whitch a queen had been happy for.

Wow. This was my first question and I so appreciate all of your answers. This relieves the gramma in me so much. I loved Princess when my husband I sailed on the Sapphire and the Island. A travel agent recently had told me that Princess is not good for kids; hence, my worry. This agent does a lot of Celebrity and RC business.

Thank you all again for taking the time. There will be 17 of our family on this cruise in April, the California Coastal...will let you know how it was.

We've been on both lines more than once with kids varying in age from about 7 and up. Our kids (including nieces and nephews) grew up cruising. They love to cruise and had positive experiences on all lines. To address X and Princess, both lines had very accomodating staffs inside and outside of the dining room. The kids preferred Princess to X, but really enjoyed both. I would not hestitate to take the kids on Princess. BTW- they love the chocolate birthday cake.

ohiodoglover

Archived