SL56 Royal Caribbean

Marylandteachergirl

4x4 Adventure and Beach in open Land Rovers.

Has anyone taken this tour that might be able to give any insight?

Specifically the beach portion..what beach..how was it there? How long at beach? Any services?

I am so conflicted on what to do in St Lucia - if anything at all.

4x4 Adventure and Beach in open Land Rovers.

Has anyone taken this tour that might be able to give any insight?

Specifically the beach portion..what beach..how was it there? How long at beach? Any services?

I am so conflicted on what to do in St Lucia - if anything at all.

If I am reading the tour description right - you end up at Pigeon Island beach - which is a national park area with a small pretty beach, very calm waters, a small reef for a bit of snorkeling, 2 hills for hiking, a small history museum, 2 restaurants and facilites. It is a lovely area, worth a visit. If I am reading the tour right and with knowing the area - you will probably have around 45-1hour at the beach - maybe. Not any more than that surely. This tour is entirely in the north of the island.

Personally -I would highly suggest a tour that takes you down the west coast of the island to see the iconic Pitons. It is what we are famous for after all! The Pitons are absolutely spectacular to see - and there are some truly lovely beaches in the area, if beaching is important to you. There are lots of tour companies that offer land/sea tour combos that are around 6 or so hours long, include banana plantation stop, some photo stops for Marigot Bay and other scenic views, volcano, and beach time at the beach at the base of the Pitons - spectacular views, excellent snorkeling, gorgeous resort, etc and then return by power boat and seeing the coastline from a totally different view - the bat cave, the small coves, MArigot Bay from the water, etc. These tours generally all include entrance feews, all your drinks, lunch, etc. Spencer Ambrose, Son of Man, Herod's, Simon says, Serenity TVL, etc all do land/sea combo tours. Price ranges from around $85US pp to around $120pp US.

Another option is Spencer Ambrose's beach break - it is a "tour" by sea both ways down to Jalousie beach (between the Pitons) - basically, takes you down early morning and you have all day by the beach - buffest lunch, coolers with drinks, charis and shade and the best views on the island.

If you only have 1 day in St. Lucia - the must do is a tour down to see the Pitons by far.

Either way, enjoy your day here!

Archived