Last day at work before a cruise?

calikak

Do you get anything done at work the last day before a cruise/vacation?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get anything done at work the last day before a cruise/vacation?

• Yes, I run around crazy wrapping everything up
    • Yes, but not that much
    • No, I've already mentally checked out
    • I am retired, what's work?

Just wondered if anyone gets anything done at work the last day before a vacation/cruise. Today is my last day before our 3-week vacation, and I have a feeling that nothing will get done. :D

Well I am retired so the day before the cruise we pack our clothes, write the final bills that came, eat out because the kitchen is closed and then wait around until we either drive to port or fly. Calikak have a great cruise. Mine is in two weeks. Yippee.

Marilyn

I've got 56 days left (38 of which are alleged working days)...and I'm not sure I'm going to get that much done those last 38 days!!!

Seriously, I hope to put everything at work in order prior to that last day...

First, I sort of lie to all of my clients...I tell them I'm leaving the day BEFORE I really am...That way, no one tries to reach me on that last day...I don't want to take in any "last minute" matters...I mark my calendar with "KEEP DAY CLEAR" as a warning to my secretary not to set me up with any meetings or conference calls...

I always come in early that last day...and then skip lunch and leave around noon-1 pm...I'll say I'm going home to finish packing (though by then, I'm already packed) or to run last minute errands...

Then I'll beat all the traffic, go home early and relax...maybe pour myself a celebratory drink, kick back and count down the final hours...

Today is my last day at work before our Tahitian cruise. Just a couple of things to finish including finishing writing on-line here. :) It's true ... I've already 'mentally' left. So, a half day here at work should do it. (Just to make it look good, you know. ;) )

Happy Cruzin' all!

My husband and I are owners of a business, so we (okay, I :rolleyes: ) pretty much spend the last couple of days before any vacation, preparing our employees for our absence. Preparing paychecks in advance, informing associates, making sure the employees have everything they need while we're gone...

Of course, they're probably counting the minutes as well. They get a week or two of "vacation" from the bosses as well, LOL! :p

I have to wrap up loose ends and have all kinds of deligates/back ups for any issues that may come up at work. As much as I llike to check out mentally, I can't. I do, however, daydream a lot about my cruise prior to the last few days!

It's the same everytime for me..I walk into work,grab my boss and tell him the moment he turn's his back im gone..he laugh's,say's no way i'd do that..

3 hours later my cell phone will ring,i'll pick it up from the pax seat of my car,say"hi"...he'll say im an ass and enjoy my trip..

great boss

Sherman, I'm like you - I have more trouble getting back into the flow upon my return. I usually find that I'm frantically wrapping up loose ends the day before I leave, so I cram a lot of work into the last couple of days. But when I get back, I can't get motivated!

Unfortunately being in the legal profession there are always last minute things that come up before I go away on a cruise/vacation. I also have to take an extra days vacation so I can get my cat ready for his vacation at a boarding facility where he has his own "condo".

I am going to be busy making sure it runs as smooth as possible while I am gone, and then the last minute things. BUT the last day, I asked if I could work from home instead of coming onsite and boss wants me physically there, go figure......I have three more working days!!!! We leave 5-21 for Alaska

I am usually in the mode to get the "hello out of Dodge" a couple of days before we leave. But on my return takes me only about an hour to get back into the swing of things, usually because I have already booked next year's cruise :-)

The next time I cruise I won't have to worry about work since I'll be newly retired after 25 stressful years! Now this Friday, the last day of work prior to a land vacation to Ft Lauderdale will be a different story. Maybe I'll just call in sick...

I normally only work until 12noon because we fly out in the afternoon. Since I have everything wrapped up and sent to other people for completion, the last day is just a chill out for me. I usually take requests for liquor or coffee to be brought back, send last minute emails to friends and post on Cruise critic.

Deena

I'm already into cruise mode- it is also my honeymoon. I finished all the critical work I had to get done yesterday and now it is just odds and ends today and tomorrow. We start our vacation Thursday... finally!

I don't want to worry about ANYTHING while I'm on my cruise! But I always start my vacation 2 days before the ship sails. 1st day to pack and leave for the airport to spend the night, the next day to fly to the port city --relax, have dinner, etc. The next day - cruise day- to board ship totally relaxed!

Today was my last work day before we cruise around Great Britain. Our plane leaves tomorrow and arrives it Gatwick Sunday morning and the Golden departs Sunday afternoon. I got a lot of good quality work done today and now I am good through the end of the month (which is my busiest time). I was suprised how prepared I was for work today and did not run around like crazy trying to get it done. So I got it done much faster. Of course I went in an hour earlier this morning, but was able to leave two hours early.

We are all packed and ready for our two week vacation! TOMORROW IT BEGINS! No actually it began earlier this afternoon. Catherine

Archived