Non-response to TA transfer

I had a "decide later" deposit which I turned into an actual booking on June 29. I faxed the travel agent form to RCI on July 9 with no response. I sent it again on July 24, and again still no response, with the booking still in my name. Has this happened to others. Any suggestions about what I should do next?

Thanks

Roy

I had a "decide later" deposit which I turned into an actual booking on June 29. I faxed the travel agent form to RCI on July 9 with no response. I sent it again on July 24, and again still no response, with the booking still in my name. Has this happened to others. Any suggestions about what I should do next?

Thanks

Roy

We've done this a few times, and for us at least, as soon as RCL received the transfer request all communication re-routes from you to the TA (since you surrender ownership of the reservation to the TA once you submit the form). I'd check with your TA and see if they're receiving anything from RCL.

You mentioned that the booking is still in your name, but do you still get the "make a payment" button?

Thanks

Roy

Had a similar situation a few months ago. I just sent the form to my travel agent and had her deal with it. Apparently she had other ways of reaching the appropriate people and got it transferred within a few days.

Someone else also reported problems faxing the form recently.

Easiest is for your TA to try to bring up your res in cruisingpower which is the TA portal, if she can it is in her control, if she can't has not been transfered. Usually done in about 48 hours.

RCL has a (new) habit of issuing new booking numbers as well. Nothing changes but the booking number.

never had a new booking number issued on a transfer, did 4 this week all the same number

We've done this a few times, and for us at least, as soon as RCL received the transfer request all communication re-routes from you to the TA (since you surrender ownership of the reservation to the TA once you submit the form). I'd check with your TA and see if they're receiving anything from RCL.

You mentioned that the booking is still in your name, but do you still get the "make a payment" button?

Thanks all. Yes, I do get the final payment button.

Roy

RCL has a (new) habit of issuing new booking numbers as well. Nothing changes but the booking number.

never had a new booking number issued on a transfer, did 4 this week all the same number

Thats a new one to me too........if no response,usually means it is too late to transfer it..

If there's any kind of mistake on the transfer form they won't make the transfer - booking number, ship, date, whatever. You might want to double check your form. If it's all correct, then call RCI and ask them what the issue is. They may be able to help you.

Thanks

Roy

You can mail the form in to Miami address printed on the form.

Had a similar situation a few months ago. I just sent the form to my travel agent and had her deal with it. Apparently she had other ways of reaching the appropriate people and got it transferred within a few days.

That's essentially what I did. I called RCI Monday morning and they claimed they never received it. We discussed alternatives (I didn't have access to a FAX yesterday) and ending up agreeing that I would scan the form and email it to my TA. 24 hours later she had the reservation.

For a small cruise I wouldn't mind handling 1 reservation myself but this was important. This is a quick getaway (12/10-12/14) but I'm flying to San Juan 12/14 and boarding Celebrity Summit for my nephew's wedding. I was not looking forward to the prospect of having the Monarch in my hands and the Summit in the TA's. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Roy

That's essentially what I did. I called RCI Monday morning and they claimed they never received it. We discussed alternatives (I didn't have access to a FAX yesterday) and ending up agreeing that I would scan the form and email it to my TA. 24 hours later she had the reservation.

For a small cruise I wouldn't mind handling 1 reservation myself but this was important. This is a quick getaway (12/10-12/14) but I'm flying to San Juan 12/14 and boarding Celebrity Summit for my nephew's wedding. I was not looking forward to the prospect of having the Monarch in my hands and the Summit in the TA's. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Roy

Glad it worked out OK.:)

I've had several this year. I can usually find them myself through cruisingpower, but it's a pain having to search them out.

We had a problem transferring our booking a few months ago because I guess royal Caribbean has a rule about it if you do it after 60 days of the original booking they release the booking to the travel agent. I faxed the form to the travel agent and after about a week RC released the booking but the TA handed it. We got the same price but got $100 obc, prepaid gratuities and dinner for two in a specialty restaurant. It was worth it because we came out ahead. Then our friends also wanted to transfer their booking and they gave them a hard time too but finally relented. It was like 9 months before the cruise so I did not think it was a big deal.

Archived