CD on Voyager

Sorry if this has been asked recently but we are leaving on the Voyager on May 29th and was wondering if Becky Thompson is still the CD. While I enjoyed her on the Mariner, was hoping the CD would be someone different. Thanks for the information.

Jacki

I feel the same way. Was hoping for someone else -- guess I think it makes the cruise a little more enjoyable. Anyone know who the CD is right now. Thanks for the help.

Sorry if this has been asked recently but we are leaving on the Voyager on May 29th and was wondering if Becky Thompson is still the CD. While I enjoyed her on the Mariner, was hoping the CD would be someone different. Thanks for the information.

Jacki

Hi Jacki,

Can you elaborate on the CD, Becky Thompson? We're sailing for the first time on RCCL and this is not the first time I've read a very nicely worded, but less than glowing review of her.

What can I expect or better yet, what should we avoid?

We've only sailed NCL and I found the CD on those ships to be fairly low key and not at all pushy or syruppy - but that was 6 & 11 years ago. I don't "DO" syruppy!

We sailed on the Voyager in Feb adn had Becky as the CD. She was the best crusie direct we ever had (5 cruises total)! She was also one of the most talented people we have met. She was energetic, adn she really topped off our 10+ out of 10 star cruise on the VOS. You will have a great time and I am sure you will love Becky Thompson.

-Matt

Hi Jacki,

Can you elaborate on the CD, Becky Thompson? We're sailing for the first time on RCCL and this is not the first time I've read a very nicely worded, but less than glowing review of her.

What can I expect or better yet, what should we avoid?

We've only sailed NCL and I found the CD on those ships to be fairly low key and not at all pushy or syruppy - but that was 6 & 11 years ago. I don't "DO" syruppy!

Becky Thompson is a really exciting CD. She's got a ton of energy. If she is your CD, get used to hearing "Hallo Luv". At events like Love and Marriage and the Quest, she really kept the energy up.

I don't know if she does this on every cruise, but on ours she performed a song and dance number and was absolutely amazing.

She also helped one guy propose to his girlfriend right before one of the shows by pretending the girlfriend had won a raffle.

We were on the Voyager in February - Beck was the CD. She was OK, but I found her "Hallo Luv" and ENERGY a little much by the end of our cruise.

Agreed!

Both my family and I got sick of her mid-way by the cruise. At least the events she planned were good though.

Becky Thompson is a really exciting CD. She's got a ton of energy. If she is your CD, get used to hearing "Hallo Luv". At events like Love and Marriage and the Quest, she really kept the energy up.

I don't know if she does this on every cruise, but on ours she performed a song and dance number and was absolutely amazing.

She also helped one guy propose to his girlfriend right before one of the shows by pretending the girlfriend had won a raffle.

My wife and I were also on the January Voyager sailing with the on-stage proposal. I have to say that we both enjoyed Becky. She is one of the better CD's around. It's also refreshing to see a female cruise director... now if there was just one who came from the United States...

In general, the CD's are all high quality - quite the opposite of many so-called comedians!

• 1 month later...

Archived