Will I like the new Seabourn ships? (The big sisters?)

Naveron

I am looking to do another Caribbean cruise on Seabourn (went twice on the Legend) and would like a bit of variety on the itinerary. So my question is: should I consider one of the bigger ships even if they are bigger? Will I still enjoy that Seabourn feel?

You will definitely get the SB feel but it will be different from the triplets. It's a bit less intimate and you'll know you're on a ship as opposed to a yacht but the effort to please is there and the ships themselves are stunning. I encourage you to try them.

Personally, I prefer the new ships over the triplets. More choice of restaurants and bars, much more public space, two pools (three if you include the Spa), Seabourn Square, better on-board shopping and a better gym.

In the Caribbean, the many private verandas on the big girls would make a big difference in choice for us...we won't even consider the little girls in the Caribbean unless we sprang for one of the suites. But then we spend many hours reading and watching the sea go by on our veranda on each and evey cruise, be it the cold northern waters or the warm southern waters.

I enjoyed the little ships, but am really looking forward our Sojourn North Atlantic next month with out the extra expense of a full suite to get a veranda. And of course, access to all the other areas mentioned by Roxburgh,

Thanks for the responses....

CWN, what you mentioned reflects what my hubby was thinking...he has often said he would like to have a balcony next time, but not really worth it on the smaller ships because they are more like french balconies.

Seems like it's worth trying...

We love the small ships and feel we never need a balcony as it is so easy to get on deck. Went on the Quest last year for 14 days. It took a while to fully appreciate all it has to offer and for the first few days wished we were on the smaller one. If you make full use of the balcony,breakfasts etc. enjoy the main restaurant ,the square and the smaller pool then it is great and would certainly book it again. Still feel the smaller ships are far more friendly especially the senior staff

The Odyssey class ships have many pros and a few cons in our opinion:

'Seabourn Square' with Espresso, always available treats, reading materials and very comfy furniture is an excellent feature. Semi-private spa areas aft in the spa...unique and not to be missed if you enjoy the quiet. More covered outdoor space options for those not able to bake in the sun. More dining options. Rooms in all classes are superior to the smaller 'Pride' class ships with beds too close and next to the front door (and hallway noise).

On the downside; the main dining room has not equaled the made to order quality nor individual service of their 3 small ships and is more akin to Celebrity or HAL steamtable mass offerings.

The Odyssey class ships have many pros and a few cons in our opinion:

'Seabourn Square' with Espresso, always available treats, reading materials and very comfy furniture is an excellent feature. Semi-private spa areas aft in the spa...unique and not to be missed if you enjoy the quiet. More covered outdoor space options for those not able to bake in the sun. More dining options. Rooms in all classes are superior to the smaller 'Pride' class ships with beds too close and next to the front door (and hallway noise).

On the downside; the main dining room has not equaled the made to order quality nor individual service of their 3 small ships and is more akin to Celebrity or HAL steamtable mass offerings.

Totally agree with your observations.

Archived