CD schedule released

xplor97

We will be on the Dream the week before you and will be the first time seeing him.

Well if you post any info while cruising I will be looking for it...if not I'll read your review after we return.:D

Well, I have been on the Dream 5 times and personally didn't like Steve at all. He was definitely the worse of all 5. Cory Rogers was the best! I love sailing on the Dream and would do it again in a minute as long as Steve wasn't CD. Good luck those of you that have him!

The new CD schedule has been released on John Heald's blog.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuqEsZYXIgnMdG9zVUp2TlZTY0VOZFkydkt5Q3dCNnc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Tell me about Steve Knisley...he will be our CD on the Dream.

We have cruised often with Steve and consider him a friend. It took us a little while to get to know him, he walks through the ship quickly and does not go out of his way to stop and talk, but is quite friendly when he does. He has a dry wit and is good on stage. I have performed with him in the production show "Win" which uses 1 passenger in the show and is currently only performed on the Elation and the Magic. It was great fun. If you meet him tell him Bob & Lynda say hi. He will know us. We know and enjoy Corey as well but he is scheduled to leave the dream on 8/11/12.

Well, I have been on the Dream 5 times and personally didn't like Steve at all. He was definitely the worse of all 5. Cory Rogers was the best! I love sailing on the Dream and would do it again in a minute as long as Steve wasn't CD. Good luck those of you that have him!

What kind of issues did you have w/ Steve Kinsley? Has he been on the Dream before this?

Thank you OP for the heads up!

We get Jeremy Mayes aka Tex on the Destiny in November. If he's as good as people say, I'm a happy cruiser.

Tex is one of the friendliest CDs around. He has lost over 100 lbs so the nickname big Tex has been reduced (like he has) to Tex. He will stand at the back of the theater after a show and greet guests for long periods of time, something that most CDs do not do.

I really hope in the length of time that James Charlton has been on the Magic, he has learned what the "Two Step" is as he was unaware in Dec 2011.

We do take our "TEXAN-ness" seriously here, and I hope that James has been working on his. He's got just about 2 months to get it right before I get there.

(in his defense, I've lived in Texas for almost my entire life, and although I like to watch other people do the two-step, I suck at it:o)

It looks like we will have 2 CD's on our Liberty cruise. It says Karl Bird is off 10/20 and Chris Roberts is on 10/13. Does this mean Chris has never been on the ship or just a new CD?

Carnival CDs work hard long hours, like most crew, and generally get 6 to 8 weeks off every 6 months or so. When a different CD fills in he/she can be a CD that doesn't have their "own" ship and just goes around the fleet filing in as necessary or sometimes Carnival will let an Assistant Cruise Director fill in as a test of his/her CD abilities. Since there is a 1 week overlap it probably means Chris gets 1 week onboard to learn how Karl does things before taking over.

Steve was just unfriendly and let his ACD, who at the time was Cory Rogers, mingle with passengers. Not once did I Steve stop and talk to the passengers. When we had Cory as CD in June, he was constantly at the coffee shop just talking with passengers. Even if he was late, he was going to take up time with you. Steve just didn't know how to work the ship. I guess we will have to find a new ship to sail on as long as Steve is there!

Archived