Help with cabin selection and rates

DH and I are booking a cruise this weekend for the Sept 28, 2013 sailing on the Breeze. We have never booked this far in advance and I was wondering if someone could tell me the pros and cons of the different rate choices. We normally book a couple of months out and don't have much of a choice in rates.

Also, we are planning to book our first balcony (we have only done oceanview). DH doesn't want a cove balcony. I don't really understand his reasoning but whatever he wants is fine with me. I've been trying to do some research and my head is spinning with all the different balcony room categories. If anyone could help me understand what I'm actually looking at with all these different categories, I would appreciate it. We aren't prone to motion sickness so we don't have to be midship.

Thanks a bunch :)

I know you're looking at balconies for this trip, but take a look at cabin 2485. It's an oversized deluxe ocean view with 2 bathrooms. It's a really big cabin and although it doesn't have a balcony, the size is great. We have it for 2 cruises on the Breeze and have had the same cabin on the Dream. Nancy

DH and I are booking a cruise this weekend for the Sept 28, 2013 sailing on the Breeze. We have never booked this far in advance and I was wondering if someone could tell me the pros and cons of the different rate choices. We normally book a couple of months out and don't have much of a choice in rates.

Also, we are planning to book our first balcony (we have only done oceanview). DH doesn't want a cove balcony. I don't really understand his reasoning but whatever he wants is fine with me. I've been trying to do some research and my head is spinning with all the different balcony room categories. If anyone could help me understand what I'm actually looking at with all these different categories, I would appreciate it. We aren't prone to motion sickness so we don't have to be midship.

Thanks a bunch :)

OMG that's the cruise we are going on!!!!!:D:D:D Join our roll call and and and our FB group (just search for Carnival Breeze Sept 28th 2013)!!!!!As far as the different rates go ES is non-refundable so only book that if you fully understand the terms. We always book ES personally I love it, but it's not for everyone. Now as far as categories go, basically the different CAT's correspond with the location of the cabin on the ship. What specifically do you need to know?

I know you're looking at balconies for this trip, but take a look at cabin 2485. It's an oversized deluxe ocean view with 2 bathrooms. It's a really big cabin and although it doesn't have a balcony, the size is great. We have it for 2 cruises on the Breeze and have had the same cabin on the Dream. Nancy

Its only 10 s.f. larger than the balcony, inside + balcony part, and 10 s.f. larger than a regular OV. Unless you have a family of 5, I would book a cheaper OV if I wanted a OV... just my personal opinion. These cabins are only a good deal if you have to squeeze 5 into a cabin.

10 s.f. which is mostly taken up with the 2nd half bath isnt worth paying the highest price for OVs on the ship to me.

OMG that's the cruise we are going on!!!!!:D:D:D Join our roll call and and and our FB group (just search for Carnival Breeze Sept 28th 2013)!!!!!As far as the different rates go ES is non-refundable so only book that if you fully understand the terms. We always book ES personally I love it, but it's not for everyone. Now as far as categories go, basically the different CAT's correspond with the location of the cabin on the ship. What specifically do you need to know?

I have already joined the facebook group and I think I may have made a comment on the roll call already. I'm not 100% sure.

So the different categories are more for the location than the size of the balcony. Are any balconies larger than the others? Of course, aft but other than those.

Based on my experience with this September's sailing and price drops, I'd recommend you look at an 8B or 8C - this will allow you the best shot at upgrades/price drops as time goes on. Several of us who booked into these categories are now in the spa balcony cabins at very little upcharge ($20 for a couple of us, around $100 for others depending on when we initially booked and when we upgraded).

Archived