Fireworks on November 5th

Jason12

Will QM2 have fireworks on 5th November??

Jason

Jason,

We have been on two crossings while QM2 was at sea on 5th November (Guy Fawkes Night a.k.a. Bonfire Night for my fellow Americans who may be wondering). The first was in 2005 and the second in 2010. There were no fireworks on the programme for either of those crossings.

Regards,

John.

Will QM2 have fireworks on 5th November??

Jason

I doubt fireworks would be allowed due to obvious safety issues.The last time I remember hearing about rockets & such, it involved a certain ship & an iceburg. It didn't end too well.

We asked about fireworks for the 4th of July on a cruise many years ago (not Cunard :rolleyes:) and were told that they never send up fireworks from a ship because it could be seen from a distance and be interpreted as an emergency rocket. So, essentially off fireworks could be sending up a false alarm.

Don't know if that's the reason or if it's to do with safety.

We asked about fireworks for the 4th of July on a cruise many years ago (not Cunard :rolleyes:) and were told that they never send up fireworks from a ship because it could be seen from a distance and be interpreted as an emergency rocket. So, essentially off fireworks could be sending up a false alarm.

Don't know if that's the reason or if it's to do with safety.

I know sometimes the ships QE/QV/QM2 have excellent vantage points to see fireworks from certain ports, but that's about it.

Jason,

We have been on two crossings while QM2 was at sea on 5th November (Guy Fawkes Night a.k.a. Bonfire Night for my fellow Americans who may be wondering). The first was in 2005 and the second in 2010. There were no fireworks on the programme for either of those crossings.

Regards,

John.

John, thanks, yes, I was wondering about the occasion that warranted fireworks... thought it might have something to do with the elections the following day.:) BTW, I hope fellow US Citizens on that crossing have applied for, and submit an absentee ballot.

Regards,

Salacia

Archived