Flying out of Barcelona - Advice

sharks48

We will be staying in Barcelona two extra days after our cruise. Our flight leave Barcelona at 10:30 a.m. on a Tuesday. We plan on taking the Aerobus from Placa Espanya. From what I've seen, those buses run very frequently and are a good way to get to the airport.

I've read that it is a good idea to get to the airport three hours before a flight to the US. Can anyone shed any light on this? Do we need to go through any type of Customs procedure before leaving Spain or are the lines so long that it will take that long?

I'm open to any advice those of you with experience in this may be nice enough to offer.

Thanks!

We did the same post cruise..but took a taxi to the airport from our Las Ramblas hotel and 2 hours was plenty..check in was unusually quick and easy...more options for breakfast downstairs before going through security..once through and upstairs only McDonalds.

Don't get there 3 hours ahead of time. We did because that is what we are told to do at home for international flights, but the gate for our airline (Aer Lingus) wasn't even open yet. We ended up sitting on the floor with our luggage in front of a closed desk, until they finally opened up. There are no chairs so it was either stand or sit on the floor. There were about 25 other people waiting also. When they opened up, they opened three lines so the line quickly dissipated. In retrospect, we should have slept for another hour.

Archived