CT to Cape Liberty-Drive or Entertainment Tours

Rosetune

How many days is your cruise? Where would you get on the bus?

I loved my experience on Entours. I took it to Cape Liberty last Feb and will take it again in Sep. We left Braintree at 7:15 and were at Cape Liberty by noon. Bus left at 10 am coming back.

I've done the drive from MA to NJ a zillion times and this trip was very unstressful and relaxing. The bus was large and comfortable and only about half full. Price for 2 people is very competitive when you consider the gas, tolls, parking for $19/day and wear and tear on your car.

Thanks for your quick response. We would pick up the bus in Bridgeport, CT. We used Entours once a few years ago for a NCL cruise at the NY port and the bus was totally full. They picked us up in Bridgeport at 10:30 and we were at the port around 1pm. We stopped once for a rest stop and there was a lot of traffic in NY. The worst part was our return trip. We waited outside on the sidewalk until the bus finally arrived around 1pm. They apparently used the same bus that they brought new passengers to the port to bring us back. It looks like they do it different for NJ since the posted pick up time after the cruise is 10 am. Not sure if it would be worth driving to save a few bucks and be on our own schedule. The bus would be less stressful though. The other thing that bothers me about the bus is that it's not refundable. When would you recommend I reserve it if I decide to use Entours? Our cruise is on the Explorer beginning of this October.

For $25/pp more you can get refundable tickets.

However, your situation is different from mine. You are only 75-80 miles from Bayonne whereas I'm about 240 miles from Bayonne. It's a long drive for me. I'm a solo traveler, so $100 + $25 to park in Braintree is a great deal.

Sunday morning is the easiest drive time through NYC. Your parking is $133. Tolls are about $20. If you leave home by 8:30 you should be able to whiz through NY and be at the pier by 10:30. Are you familiar with the cars only route through NYC?

You want to take I95 and cut over to the Merritt Parkway at Milford exit 38 or cut over to the Hutchinson River Pkwy at I 287 at the NY/CT line. From the Hutch take exit 15 in New Rochelle to get on the Cross County Pkwy. Stay in the middle left lane, which will become the left lane when the road "scrunches". This leads onto the Saw Mill River Pkwy South which becomes the Henry Hudson Pkwy at the NYC line ($4 toll). Take the GW bridge and get in the middle left lane to get on I80 west to the NJ Turnpike. Follow the first set of signs to the Lincoln Tunnel (this puts you on the eastern turnpike spur), but don't get off at the real Lincoln Tunnel exit 3 miles later. Stay on the turnpike and follow the signs to exit 14a in Bayonne. Go directly across the toll plaza and take the up ramp that curves left. Stay to the right and bear right at every opportunity until you reach the traffic light at route 440. Make a left, stay left, and make the first left turn onto Port Terminal Blvd.

These are the directions from another post. This will take you on the cars only parkways through Westchester County and New York City. Do not take I95 through NYC. You can pick up the Merritt/Hutch by coming down I84/684 or route 8.

Archived