Do you have a "cruise song?"

Stevie17

Ever since Carnival started using it: "Bang on the drum" by Todd Rundgren(sp?)

"Kokomo" by the Beach Boys

"Blue Bayou" by either Roy Orbison or Linda Ronstadt

I'm an old fart - "Quiet VIllage" by Martin Denny

Anything played on steel drums. First note and my mind is on the ship... ;)

Anything played on percussion instruments (Xylophone, Marimba, etc.) that would sound good on Steel.

You know, that ONE song that when you hear it, instantly reminds you of your best cruising memories. Mine is "Cool Change" by Little River Band.

"If there's one thing in my life that's missing

It's the time that I spend alone

Sailing on the cool and bright clear water"

Hearing that line always brings me right back to those relaxing, carefree balcony moments...just staring at the sea.

Yours?

"Glory Days" by Bruce Spring

Many things come to mind but this one is Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis. It's not a Carnival cruise but the Royal CLipper- if you ever want to do something unique and adventurous, this is it. Every time the ship sailed, they play this song as they raise the sails. It's very moving and impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cy1qRPcArk&feature=fvwrel

Ours is 'Low' by Flo-Rida. It's the one they play in the dining room a lot. Brings back memories of our family cruise to Mexico, but mostly it has become my DH's 'song'. He is a total geek at heart, however when he hears this he puts his hands up and starts moving! :D At DD's wedding last year she requested it and he got on the dance floor with the kids and threw his hands up and 'shook his groove thing'!! This is a man who only ever agrees to dance a slow dance with me maybe one time! So funny, but lots of cruise memories attached to this song!

Another one that I love, but is kind of seasonal ... "All I want for Christmas is a real good tan" by kenney chesney ...

Wow, I just listened to this one! We will be on a cruise December 15th-22nd, so this song is perfect!!

Was listeni.g to a band last weekend. On their break they put in music to get everyone dancing. The first sone that played was Cupid Shuffle - i was immediately at a deck party!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Ours is 'Low' by Flo-Rida. It's the one they play in the dining room a lot. Brings back memories of our family cruise to Mexico, but mostly it has become my DH's 'song'. He is a total geek at heart, however when he hears this he puts his hands up and starts moving! :D At DD's wedding last year she requested it and he got on the dance floor with the kids and threw his hands up and 'shook his groove thing'!! This is a man who only ever agrees to dance a slow dance with me maybe one time! So funny, but lots of cruise memories attached to this song!

They did this when one evening in the MDR when the waiters were dancing on our cruise in April. DD was 15 months at the time and she just loved it. She was squealing. I don't think I have ever seen her so excited. Great memory.

Ditto Flo-Rida's "Low" - always reminds me of the MDR

That and.....for whatever Gawdawful reason, whenever we are getting our embarkation pix taken, I keep hearing Jack Jones singing "The Love Boat" in my head, lol!!! :eek::confused::eek::confused:

Archived