Do you have a "cruise song?"

Stevie17

"I'm on a Boat", by the Lonely Island

While I may have a plalist of Jimmy Buffet,Bob Marley,steel drum. I will forever recall a graduation cruise and sail away party of son blaring "I'm on a boat".... I knew if I scrolled list it would be on there. :D

Always think of sail awaying from evening ports when I hear "One Particular Harbor"

Black eye peas I got a feeling. They played it at the party first night of our cruise. Every time I hear it it takes me back. :)

That song was playing on the radio when we were rushing to the hospital to have my baby! I will always love that song. :)

It was on a cruise video we were watching with my son on youtube the other day and he went crazy dancing! Maybe he remembers it.. lol

Mine would be "In the Mornin', in the Evenin', ain't We Got Fun?", either the original 1920's version or Carnival's version. I associate it with the Welcome Aboard show on my first cruise. I hear that song, wherever it may be, and instantly visualize myself standing on the Lido deck, holding a Fun Ship drink and seeing the red-and-blue funnel towering in the background.

Now it's uptight everything's alright by Stevie wonder! Also anything by jimmy Buffett or any song with the name of a ship in it's title!

I don't have any single cruise song, per se, but I do have a few mix tapes that I take for the rental car CD player -- big band jazz, alternative rock, maybe some Zepplin, maybe Aaron Copland, and one or another lesbian (seriously) musicians like K.D. Lang, Etheridge, Holly Near or Chris Williamson. And America, always.

You know, that ONE song that when you hear it, instantly reminds you of your best cruising memories. Mine is "Cool Change" by Little River Band.

"If there's one thing in my life that's missing

It's the time that I spend alone

Sailing on the cool and bright clear water"

Hearing that line always brings me right back to those relaxing, carefree balcony moments...just staring at the sea.

Yours?

Crusin by marvin Gaye

Yep, nothing like a song about stalking and rape to get the feet moving. :rolleyes:

I didnt know its about that ... sorry .... welll tell them to stop playing it on every cruise.... guess I was just told.

Traditionally:

Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin

Cruisin Together - Huey Lewis/Gwyneth Paltrow

One Particular Harbor - Jimmy Buffett

Under the Sea - Little Mermaid

Island in the Sun - Weezer

Goofy/Pop Culture:

I'm on a Boat - Lonely Island (SNL)

Boats n Hoes - Prestige Worldwide (Will Farrell & John C. Reilly, "Stepbrothers")

I didnt know its about that ... sorry .... welll tell them to stop playing it on every cruise.... guess I was just told.

don't be sorry the song isn't about that if you read the lyrics he is telling a girl what he would like to do with her. nothing about rape just very wild sex:cool:

Traditionally:

Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin

Cruisin Together - Huey Lewis/Gwyneth Paltrow

One Particular Harbor - Jimmy Buffett

Under the Sea - Little Mermaid

Island in the Sun - Weezer

Goofy/Pop Culture:

I'm on a Boat - Lonely Island (SNL)

Boats n Hoes - Prestige Worldwide (Will Farrell & John C. Reilly, "Stepbrothers")

Another good Jimmy Buffet song is "Boat Drink". Love It.

Archived