Ketchikan...Flightseeing Misty Fjords

oratheeexplorer

Most of the smaller independents include the mid-tour landing.

https://southeastaviation.com/sections/Tours/mysty%20fjords.html

Includes:

Unforgettable adventure from liftoff to final landing

Approximate 70 minute airtour and 20 minute mid-tour landing in Misty Fjords

Wildlife viewing opportunities include brown bear, mountain goats, harbor seals, eagles, humpback and orca whales and more

Informative narration and comfortable headsets

All six guests enjoy window seats on our DeHavilland Beaver seaplanes

Veteran, experienced pilots with local knowledge of our Southeast Alaska Landscape

Courtesy roundtrip transportation from and to the Ketchikan Cruise Ship Dock provided by Southeast Aviation

Questions? Click on the Reservation and Information button or call us toll free 888.Fly Misty (888.359.6478)

I've read a lot of great reviews on Island Wings:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g31030-d1130029-Reviews-Island_Wings_Air_Service-Ketchikan_Alaska.html

We are booked with them in Sept. They actually do a lake landing during the tour and let you get out and take some photos and spot wild life.

I would second Island Wings. Flew with them in June and loved it. Michelle does a great job.

Tim

thanks for all the replies.......we are on a land tour right now and our flightseeing tour with Talkeetna Air Taxi got canceled due to cloud cover,etc. so are hoping to do a float plane of Misty Fjords in Ketchikan. I have called Michelle with Island Wings and I am awaiting a call back from her. In the meanttime I will check out Southeast Aviation just in case Michelle doesn't have an opening. Trying to do this this morning before we leave McKinley Lodge for Denali.

Thanks again!

I've read a lot of great reviews on Island Wings:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g31030-d1130029-Reviews-Island_Wings_Air_Service-Ketchikan_Alaska.html

We are booked with them in Sept. They actually do a lake landing during the tour and let you get out and take some photos and spot wild life.

We used Michelle with Island Tours for this exact trip in 2006 for our first AK cruise -- HIGHLY recommend her.

We did it many years ago and don't have the name of the company but it was a Princess shore ex. Don't miss it; it was wonderful, and we did a landing on a lake high up in the mountains with a huge waterfall. It was spectacular. joyous

We booked the princess flight tour at the last minute on the ship. Beautiful sunny day, breathtaking scenery as well as glacier lake landing. Island Wings was booked so we waited until last minute.

Hope you have a great time! We just got home and also had our Talkeetna Air trip grounded due to cover.

Archived