Can you specify desired waitstaff?

Hi all,

Going to be back on the Freedom in about 6 weeks or so. Last time on her, we made friends with a particular waiter... kept in touch on facebook, etc.

We want to try to request to get in her section for this upcoming sailing. Has anyone done this? How do you go about it?

Thanks in advance

Don

You'll have to be asked to be moved into her section. What you don't know is whether she's working MTD or regular dining. If you have MTD and she doesn't then it won't work and vice versa. Just talk to the maitre 'd when you board.

Yeah, what the above poster said. We had a really good waiter on Brilliance and want him again next summer and we asked the head waiter and the short answer is that there is no way to arrange it beforehand, you have to go to the dining desk when you arrive and ask to be transferred to his section.

Yes, you can request the server. We did this several times on the Freedom. After our first trip on the Freedom we made a fast friendship with our waiter and each time after, we would request him. We had to move to a different section, but it was a better table for 2 for us. Sadly, when we cruised last year and went to request him we were told he was in a terrible accident and didn't make it. We lost a great friend. Needless to say I was a bit upset to start our cruise off and saddened. We were given someone else that didn't hold a candle. R.I.P. Khantee

Yes, you can request the server. We did this several times on the Freedom. After our first trip on the Freedom we made a fast friendship with our waiter and each time after, we would request him. We had to move to a different section, but it was a better table for 2 for us. Sadly, when we cruised last year and went to request him we were told he was in a terrible accident and didn't make it. We lost a great friend. Needless to say I was a bit upset to start our cruise off and saddened. We were given someone else that didn't hold a candle. R.I.P. Khantee

Agreed. We sailed Freedom in 2010. My DS & DIL had a great waiter on Oasis whose brother was working on Freedom. She emailed the dining room and requested him for our table and they delivered.

Archived