Ladies, tell me about the shampoo

mrsd912

Well I am in the minority here...I have very fine and curly hair and wear it short...and I love the way my hair turns out while on the ship....and as a hairdresser I am picky about my shampoos, and only buy professional products, but there is something about the shampoo and the soft water that makes my hair a perfect curl and all I have to do is throw on my hair products and hair spray and my hair is ready to go for day or night....and the shower gel is wonderful.....I liked it so much, that when I got home I discovered the Bath & Body Works Lime & Coconut smells almost identical to the body wash on the ship, and now that is what I use and everytime I do....it brings back memories of the ship and our last cruise....

Going again in November and won't be bothering with my shampoo from home...only my hair products and hairspray...GOTTA HAVE THE HAIRSPRAY!!!!!LOL

Which ship? Magic 11/11? Could I make an appointment?

• 1 month later...

We are regular cruisers. I never bring additional shampoo nor conditioner. Every trip my hair is fantastic after using the stateroom shampoo. Hair is soft, silky, shiney and even looks lighter in color which I attribute to both the sun and shampoo pulling out whatever reside darkens my hair. And at home I do use a clarifying shampoo. I am actively searching to find the brand of shampoo Carnival uses. :hearteyes:

I have always used what is provided, but last cruise on Pride, I felt like the shampoo was diluted, just never felt like it got my hair clean. Had to soap twice, and I have short curly hair. EM

Every cruise line, every hotel I have stayed, every resort I have visited all have adequate shampoo but bring your own conditioner and facial wash

It's amazing how different we all are. I could saw the exact opposite on the shampoo--all of those you referenced leave my hair feeling like straw.

I have straight fine hair and the shampoo works just fine for me. I think my hair enjoys the change of pace and the sun and water in general make it happy! I do not think it has conditioner in it tho....but it also doesn't strip the hair like some shampoos.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving all these comments.. I'll bring conditioner. I keep looking at WEN shampoo/conditioner I have too but maybe I'm thinking into this more and more get gets closer..Shoot idk if I should bring jeans cuz I'm THAT kinda of GAL..I have have no clue and to nervous not to bring the RIGHT clothes with me...Argg Mighty!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I think the shampoo in the dispenser in the shower is fine. My young-adult daughter says it's "poison for your hair" but she's much more into spending more money for supposedly better hair and skin products.

I do have to admit that she knows something about hair care because both her mom and I have hair that is both fine and thin, but her hair is thick and smells wonderful from six feet away.

Ok, To bring or not to bring! I have some THICK hair and my girls have normal straight hair for being 10 but I'm thinking our issue is we're going to be in water probably most the time. It looks like the activity level might be the common denominator here. Anyone? I need some help here. I've not experienced Saltwater nor the ships water 🤔

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Why bring back such an old thread?

Because otherwise someone would complain about not using the search function. You can't win.

Yep. Although I think we can all agree that shampoo is a personal preference and no one will have the exact same experience with it. The replies substantiate this.

I know Carnival supplies shampoo, but how decent is it?

I already planned on bringing conditioner, so that's a no brainer, but if the shampoo isn't bad then I can save a little space in my suitcase.

Wife is picky about hair products and brings a couple travel size bottles of her shampoo and conditioner. She also brings her own soap. For most men, the shampoo provided is fine.

I have super thick hair and conditioner is MY friend. I also wear glasses however not in the shower...several cruises ago I was raving about the conditioner just seemed to make my hair so awesome! Hubby said babe I didn't see conditioner..I saw lotion, shower gel and shampoo....upon further inspection I had loaded up on lotion in the ole hair....moral of the story..read the labels with your glasses ON. I personally do not care for the shampoo on board nor the shower gel so I do bring my own...as well as my own conditioner ROFL...

Why bring back such an old thread?

It was someone new to CC and they probably were searching or an answer to the same question. People continue responding because they don't notice that it's a five-year-old thread. I haven't sailed on Carnival in four years, but I would guess the shampoo hasn't changed much! LOL.

DON'T WASH YOUR HAIR IN THE SHOWER!!

It's so good to finally get a health warning that is useful!!!

IT INVOLVES THE SHAMPOO THAT RUNS DOWN YOUR BODY WHEN YOU SHOWER WITH IT. WARNING TO US ALL!!!

I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner! I use shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and Printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning: "FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME." No wonder I have been gaining weight!

Well! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Dawn dish soap instead. Its label reads: "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE"

PROBLEM SOLVED!! ;)

LOL don't we wish it worked like that. I'd be using Dawn all the time no matter how dry my hair became, haha

Even if it's an old thread. it has relevance. Loved the comment about reading the labels before use. As for me, I bring my own travel sized conditioner as well as shampoo. Both of which I have labeled with a huge "C" or "S" so that I can recognize them without my glasses. LOL