?? about Nellies Cabanas? Pics here PART 2

melbur

I know I have read there is either a side entrance or a rear entrance to all of the Over the Water Capanas. Don't know about paths or walkways connecting them. I have one on our cruise at the end of the month. Really looking forward to seeing what I have reserved.

• 2 weeks later...
So are you sure these are really "over water" Nellies cabanas, because I have always been inder the impression thay these are hillside Nellies (as the are set so far back from the water on the hill amongst the trees with little sun exposure; have zero interest in these locations). To be honest we only booked/dropped the $$$ on this cabana with the idea that we would be in one of the cluster 4 truly over water cabanas on the opposite side of the beach, and if there is a chance that we are not in one of these then we may very well have to cancel...:(

I see your point. We just cancelled the hillside and booked the over the water because we 1) saw pic of cabanas literally over the water and 2) the name does imply it. Now that I have seen so many pics on this site with the narration on the pics ( btw, thank you to the OP) it looks like the over water ones are only at barefoot ( for suites) I understand the pic was at lowtide, but the flight of stairs clearly shows ( to me anyway) its high above the water but also pushed back on land quite a bit. :(.

I see your point. We just cancelled the hillside and booked the over the water because we 1) saw pic of cabanas literally over the water and 2) the name does imply it. Now that I have seen so many pics on this site with the narration on the pics ( btw, thank you to the OP) it looks like the over water ones are only at barefoot ( for suites) I understand the pic was at lowtide, but the flight of stairs clearly shows ( to me anyway) its high above the water but also pushed back on land quite a bit. :(.

This was an "over the water" cabana for your reference:

(At least it was sold to us as "over the water." We loved it, BTW!)

labF.jpg

Edited by jkskrap

labF.jpg

Okay thanks for the pic. Well, I was hoping for "over" the water. But they sure look nice. If I may ask one question. I heard that the buffet offered with these cabanas is the same as the buffet for the barefoot suite guests (shrimp, steak etc.) is this correct? :)

labF.jpg

Thanks for adding more pics . . . you can see this is the side view of the same ones I posted of the front view. Over the water refers to direct access to the water from your cabana!

And yes, you access the same buffet lunch as guests on Barefoot.

We have a HILLSIDE reserved for May 2013, how do you reserve an Over the Water? I didn't see that option. I think I would prefer that! Do all cabana types get lots of sun? That's what we're looking for, or should we cancel and just hang on the beach!!

Over the Waters go on sale the same time as the Hillside. They tend to go first. If they were not listed when you booked your Hillside, they were probably sold out already. Keep checking back. Sometimes, people cancel and they become available again.

Over the Waters go on sale the same time as the Hillside. They tend to go first. If they were not listed when you booked your Hillside, they were probably sold out already. Keep checking back. Sometimes, people cancel and they become available again.

Thanks for the advice... so excited! Checked back today and an over-the-water was available. I immediately booked it and promptly cancelled my hillside! :)

Thanks for the advice... so excited! Checked back today and an over-the-water was available. I immediately booked it and promptly cancelled my hillside! :)

We just canceled our hillside and booked an over the water too! So excited to spend time relaxing in our cabana overlooking the beach.

We leave next Thursday, August 30th. Will take some pictures and try to figure out how to post them when I get back. We will be on Labadee two weeks from today. Sure hope the area settles down in the weather department. I know it is a risk you take this time of year.

Now you have me wanting to book an over the water cabana at Nellies but we definitely love to lay in the sun and some of those look like they have a lot of shade. Can someone enlighten me? Some have said it is first come first serve when you get there and somewhere else I read they reserved a certain cabana. So, which is correct? I would hate to pay that much and not have any sun, therefore it would be useless.

Thanks so much to all who have posted pics and their opinions!! I am the WORST at making decisions!!

THANKS!!

Now you have me wanting to book an over the water cabana at Nellies but we definitely love to lay in the sun and some of those look like they have a lot of shade. Can someone enlighten me? Some have said it is first come first serve when you get there and somewhere else I read they reserved a certain cabana. So, which is correct? I would hate to pay that much and not have any sun, therefore it would be useless.

Thanks so much to all who have posted pics and their opinions!! I am the WORST at making decisions!!

THANKS!!

I'm not sure anyone knows for SURE how they are assigned. We just showed up and they took us to it.

Ours was on the left, facing the water, 3rd or 4th from the sand. We had shade all morning and a little sun in the afternoon. Across the water they probably get sun most of the day.

Honestly, if you want sun all day I probably wouldn't spend the $200 on the cabana. That would pay for lots of "refreshments" while sunning. When we were there the beach was not crowded.

LICRUISEAHOLICS & Flowers44, when do you set sail? Before May 2013... would love to see some new pictures!

Hi. We are sailing November 15th of this year. I will definitely take pictures and post them for you. We love getting cabanas on other islands too because you have a place to keep your stuff, get out of the sun and or rain (been in the rain scenario a few times for a passing shower) and you can enjoy lunch or snacks minus the sand. You can always grab a lounge nearby and get all the sun and enjoy the ocean. For us, it is well worth the price of admission! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Can't thank you all enough for all the great information! After reading the boards and seeing all the photos, last night I booked an Over-the-Water at Nellie's Beach for my August 3,2013 cruise on Oasis. We have only been to CocoCay and, since I can't sit in the sun, have nothing but awful memories of my poor DH schlepping the umbrella to the beach chair, then trying to make sure it didn't tip over and injure someone or block the sun from the other bathers.

I can not wait to enjoy the water, shade and buffet in Labadee!

Although the price was recently increased, I would pay just about anything (SSSHUSH!) to enjoy this day at the beach!

Thanks again to all of you for your insight and information!:D:D

• 1 month later...

It looks like a long walk from the boat to go over to check in for our cabana..We have our father in law with us who has mobility issues..Is there any way he could get a ride to where we needed to go from the boat w/o walking there? I saw golf carts will take us to the cabana but how about getting there? Will they also take him to the buffet if need be?

You don't have to worry. My sister is disabled (mobility issues) and can't walk much in terms of distance. When you get off the ship there are lots of people there with wheelchairs that have large ball-like wheels. They'll push you right to the entrance and on to a beach if you want. As for the buffet, any of the staff will collect you in a golf buggy.

It looks like a long walk from the boat to go over to check in for our cabana..We have our father in law with us who has mobility issues..Is there any way he could get a ride to where we needed to go from the boat w/o walking there? I saw golf carts will take us to the cabana but how about getting there? Will they also take him to the buffet if need be?

There are the wheelchairs mentioned, and also carts that go back and forth from the cabana beach to the ship.