?? about Nellies Cabanas? Pics here PART 2

melbur

What are these cabanaas?? Is this Nellies Beach, and those on the right side, on the rock - those are Over the Water?

Are those the only Over the Water on Nellies?

labadee05_zps9efe3240.png

Edited by Toddcan

Hubby and I will be in a GS for our cruise in March 2013. I see that there will be another ship at Labadee the same day as the Explorer. At first hubby and I were not going to rent a cabana but now with 2 large ships there at the same time, I am assuming that Barefoot Beach will be very full. To those of you that have been there before…..do you think that we would we be better off renting a cabana because of the potential crowd?

Hubby and I will be in a GS for our cruise in March 2013. I see that there will be another ship at Labadee the same day as the Explorer. At first hubby and I were not going to rent a cabana but now with 2 large ships there at the same time, I am assuming that Barefoot Beach will be very full. To those of you that have been there before…..do you think that we would we be better off renting a cabana because of the potential crowd?

Barefoot Beach is large, so you shouldn't have crowding issues. For privacy, by all means, rent a cabana.:)

What are these cabanaas?? Is this Nellies Beach, and those on the right side, on the rock - those are Over the Water?

Are those the only Over the Water on Nellies?

labadee05_zps9efe3240.png

Yes, those are the over the water cabanas at Nellies beach. There are also 4 more on the left side of the beach on top of rocks that you cant see in this photo.

We will be having a young child with us so we opted for a cabana on the beach. Have seen many pictures of other cabanas but would like to see just how close to the water the "on the beach" cabanas are --- does ANYONE have a picture that shows the close relationship of water to the "on the beach" cabana? Since some pictures are taken from a distance, I am having a hard time seeing the water/cabana relationship. Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Italy52

The "On the Beach" cabanas are just behind the sidwalk that leads in back of the "Over the Water" Cabanas. In the picture in post #54, you can see a yellow wall behind the cabanas on the right of Nellies Beach. That wall is the "Privacy wall" in front of the "Beach Cabanas. I would guess that it is about a 50 feet walk to the water's edge, not far at all.

We will be having a young child with us so we opted for a cabana on the beach. Have seen many pictures of other cabanas but would like to see just how close to the water the "on the beach" cabanas are --- does ANYONE have a picture that shows the close relationship of water to the "on the beach" cabana? Since some pictures are taken from a distance, I am having a hard time seeing the water/cabana relationship. Thanks in advance for your help.

post 1, 2 & 18 show where the beach cabanas are in relationship to the beach and water.

Toddcan, here is another shot of the other 4 you cant see in the pic you posted. This would be looking from the cabanas in the shot you referenced, across the water on the rocks.

su7une2a.jpg

Ok, now I am getting to understand this (finally). Please correct me if I am wrong..

At Nellies Beach, there are 2 groups of Over The Water Cabanas. Each group consists of 4 cabanas and are build on rocks at each end of Nellies. They have steps/laddrers that have direct access to the water.

To me, if you want a nice view to include the ship, you need to grab one of the cabanas furthest away from the dock.

Ok, now the big question.. assuming I am correct (above).. how are the OTW cabanas numbered?

Yup. I am an overplanner. I would love to grab one with a view of the ship too.

Edited by Toddcan

Had a cabana in September but not sure how they are numbered or given out. We did not get to the beach until about 9:30 AM since I had a massage at 8 AM because of back pain. The massage was wonderful, by the way, and it cured my back issues for the rest of the trip. We ended up with what I considered one of the nicest cabanas there since it was the first one in line on the left hand side of the beach, had the great ramp to get into the water, and a great view of the ship. I would almost guess that the picture in post #59 is from our cabana. When I made the reservation, there was no place on the page to request a certain cabana. Some people post about getting to the cabanas first and being changed from one cabana to another but how and when they are assigned, I am not sure anyone knows that answer.

• 4 months later...
the buffet is close, you don't need a driver unless there is a real mobility issue. it is behind the beach cabanas on Barefoot.

Restrooms are at the entrance to the barefoot area across the pathway. not too far.

Thank you for all the great information. It will be a big help!

Greg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

just stumbled on this thread as I prepare for our cruise on Oasis in 11 days! I'm hoping we can reserve one of these cabanas as soon as we board the ship if there are any left!

What's the difference between the "hillside" cabanas and "over the water" cabanas? To me, based on these photos, the hillside cabanas seem much more secluded and private. Which is nice!

Also, if we do manage to reserve one can we request a specific cabana once we get to Labadee? First come first serve? Because I would hate being stuck in one of those first ones closest to the beach. Not the best location or view.

So how and when can you reserve a cabana - esp the over the water ones?

Also,we want to do the zip line. At info on that? How long does it take to get to top of mountain and does it end down on beach and if so, which one? We will be there in January on the Constellation - and unfortunately the Reflection. Waaaay too many people.

So, we're considering a cabana. We are in a JS, but we can't reserve until we get on Indy.

We're wondering about sharing a cabana, maybe with someone on our roll call.

Wondering if the cabana is big enough for that. What size is the bed? Are there other loungers, etc? Has anyone done that and has some feedback on the experience?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
just stumbled on this thread as I prepare for our cruise on Oasis in 11 days! I'm hoping we can reserve one of these cabanas as soon as we board the ship if there are any left!

What's the difference between the "hillside" cabanas and "over the water" cabanas? To me, based on these photos, the hillside cabanas seem much more secluded and private. Which is nice!

Also, if we do manage to reserve one can we request a specific cabana once we get to Labadee? First come first serve? Because I would hate being stuck in one of those first ones closest to the beach. Not the best location or view.

It is first come, first served. If you booked online, try going to Shorex desk and see if they have an allocation for you.

So how and when can you reserve a cabana - esp the over the water ones?

Also,we want to do the zip line. At info on that? How long does it take to get to top of mountain and does it end down on beach and if so, which one? We will be there in January on the Constellation - and unfortunately the Reflection. Waaaay too many people.

You can reserve your cabana on line under shore excursions. If there are non available, you can go to the Shorex desk once onboard and try booking one there. All I know about the zipline is DH was able to take the trolley to and from there back to the cabana.