Angled balconies on S class

vickykay

We are thinking of booking one of the larger angled balconies on the Silhouette this coming March as several are still available. Just wanted to know if they feel "tunnel" like and closed in and does it make the cabin seem dark. Very difficult to tell from the pictures others have posted.

Thanks!

vicky

I know which photos you're talking about and yes, it would give the impression that they were tunnel-ish. But they're not! They're airy and spacious. If you can grab one, don't waste time. Book it.

I posted on Celebrity's Facebook page that I think it's time to retire those photos of 9192 on Solstice taken with a fish-eye lens. The pictures distort the size, shape and angle of the balcony, and give cruisers the wrong idea entirely about them. As for the cruiser's comment that he would "be gutted" if he had that balcony, I would be too if it looked like that. However, I'm sailing in that cabin in October, and I don't expect to have any expression other than a big smile on my face.:)

Pat

Vistapat is correct -- those "tunnel" images that have people concerned about the balconies on the slant of the hump were taken with a lens that distorted the actual shape of the balcony. We were recently on the Eclipse, in cabin 1231 (C2 class), on the slant of the hump. The balcony was great. It was deep, but not a tunnel. We loved it and would not hesitate to book such a cabin again.

Here are two images (shot at 12mm in case anyone is curious about the lens):

EclipseTA044_01.jpg

EclipseTA042_01.jpg

(photos by turtles06)

As an M class aft refugee, I LOVED having a tunnel balcony, but these don't look bad at all. We're booked in 1610 and these pictures have actually put my mind at ease.

Here's two photos from 1610. Its an great cabin, so much so we booked it for our next cruise as well.

374325_10101236452022155_2113498549_n.jpg

378460_10101236452266665_644978858_n.jpg

[/img]953]Interesting...it looks like you can open up the partition between balconies? Had to laugh at the barefoot skulker...

You can between 1610 and 1608. However if you wanted to open the partition between 1608 and 1606 you have to large support beam you'll have step over (I didn't think to take a picture of that). This think this is only a problem on deck 11 though because of the supports from deck 12 above' date=' but it may affect 10 as well. Its hard to tell from the photo.

Actually I found a photo where you can see it. Its not a huge deal just not as open.

[img']http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/401286_10101236452356485_651705899_n.jpg[/img]

You can between 1610 and 1608. However if you wanted to open the partition between 1608 and 1606 you have to large support beam you'll have step over (I didn't think to take a picture of that). This think this is only a problem on deck 11 though because of the supports from deck 12 above, but it may affect 10 as well. Its hard to tell from the photo.

Actually I found a photo where you can see it. Its not a huge deal just not as open.

We were in 1606 on Solstice, and you are correct, that support beam comes down between 1606 and 1608. Forward of those staterooms, the support beam comes down on Deck 10 to support the pool on deck 12, but aft of the hump, the support beam comes down on every other stateroom balcony on Deck 11 to support the buffet above on deck 13 -- oops, there is no Deck 13. It's called Deck 14. :)

We had one of these cabins on deck 7 of Eclipse and LOVED it. That was our first cruise and boy did it spoil us. We're just back from a Med cruise on Solstice in an outside cabin. It was a port intensive itinerary so it wasn't so bad, but I did miss my spacious, private balcony. I spent every minute I could out there. It's not at all claustrophobic or tunnel-like.

Archived