Interesting 250 Point Latitudes Perks from Survey

valleyvillage

QUOTE:Two platinums in household only one person can complete survey?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took the survey and then my mother tried, but could not. We received 2 emails to the same email address that we share. My mother tried to take her survey, but the message she got was that it was done already. Are other 2 person Platinum households having the same problem? QUOTE

DH and I both got the surveys but at our own email addresses and both took the survey with no problem. :) I'm sure the "shared" email address is the problem...

I can never figure out why people want to sail the same line all the time. I like the change. I choose a cruise by itinerary only.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Or....for us....staying with NCL is like coming home to family when we climb aboard.

I agree . One of the reasons I book suites is for the perks. Some of the "suites" are nothing more than slightly bigger balcony cabins with a bigger price tag. So reason stands once I reach 250 theres very little reason for me to book suites any longer . Im all for it but I think NCL may be a little disapointed ;)

I aghree-I dont think Id still do a suite if i could get the Cagneys breakfast and lunch without it. Not sure the extra bucks for the butler is enough. I do enjoy the butler and the slightly bigger room but Cagneys is the nyumber one reasonI do it.

I kinda disagree they have made the Latitude Rewards program fairer.

As a family that has cruised in OV, balconies, minisuites and full suites on 1 nighters, a 2 nighter, 4 nighters and 7 nighters I think we have a well rounded view.

I love they reward nights cruised, I think that is all they really needed to do. I do not think the other points awarded are necessary.

We almost always book 9 months in advance. We are lucky we can pick our vacation weeks. Our reward is usually an awesome price, and a room we really want.

We have sailed in suites many times. Our reward is the awesome room and all the amenities that come with the suite.

Booking a Latitude inside offer???? How does that make me any more loyal a customer? I'm sure many if not most people book the week the want and this incentive most likely does not sway many people. Also you usually get some OBC.

Nights sailed is a true indication of loyalty. If they want reward $ spent or how long they hold our deposit, I am fine with that. It's their program, we are greatful for any reward we get at all, they can of course do as they see fit. We don't cruise NCL for these little perks and amenities.

I really think nights sailed is all they really needs to be recognized.

I agree . One of the reasons I book suites is for the perks. Some of the "suites" are nothing more than slightly bigger balcony cabins with a bigger price tag. So reason stands once I reach 250 theres very little reason for me to book suites any longer . Im all for it but I think NCL may be a little disapointed

I second that... I book a suite because of its perks. If I can get the same perks for less money what's the incentive to pay more? :eek:

I aghree-I dont think Id still do a suite if i could get the Cagneys breakfast and lunch without it. Not sure the extra bucks for the butler is enough. I do enjoy the butler and the slightly bigger room but Cagneys is the nyumber one reasonI do it.

Well get to 250+ points and if they make the changes you can stay in an inside and have breakfast at Cagney's. Personally I may well still be in a suite.

John you can be Platinum today with 2 cruises. In fact my 24 day cruise next fall would make anyone platinum.

Sent from my iPhone - Jim

Well get to 250+ points and if they make the changes you can stay in an inside and have breakfast at Cagney's. Personally I may well still be in a suite.

Where is the like button on this high tech forum? <grin>

John

I haven't read thru all the posts, so forgive me if someone else mentioned it.....to settle the conflict of those who receive suite perks from Latitude perks, they should try to differentiate the rewards as much as possible.

In a way, they are already starting to do that, with the 'ship-within-a-ship' concept on the newest ships. Instead of sending suite guests to Cagneys for breakfast, they have their own dining room and other exclusive 'Haven' areas. I've said this on other threads, but instead of the luxury perks for Latitudes, I would prefer getting points towards a free cruise day, that can be 'saved' towards an entire free cruise. Similar to the airline loyalty programs....

...and in the same light does she not potentially leave more money on the ship, by way of her on board account, in 3 - 5 cruises than one might in a suite for 1 trip? Isn't that why NCL heavily discounts cabins to make sure there are as many "butts in the seat" on each and every sailing?

John

Potentially, yes. However her replacement (if she was not on the other 2-4 cruises...but her cabin was instead sold to someone else) would potentially spend the same.

She's asking why 3-5 cheaper trips aren't worth as much as 1 expensive trip... well, this is why. She's occupying a seat someone else would have occupied....so no new net revenue on those 'extra' trips she's taking.

I can never figure out why people want to sail the same line all the time. I like the change. I choose a cruise by itinerary only.

Ahh. You're missing out. I feel sorry for you.

DH and I completed our surveys this weekend. All I can say about the current milestone "rewards" is: :eek:

I am glad that NCL realizes that their milestones are a deficiency and are apparently going to lengths to improve the program.

As for the whole "suite vs inside" debate that has sprung up, I too would likely continue to book suites (as long as I can afford them) whether or not access to Cagney's became a perk. Simply, DH and I like the extra space!

We have been fortunate enough to get "VIP" treatment from NCL on a cruise. I had no indication the we "ruined" any other passenger's "Suite Life." Those we met at the Meet & Greet were uniformly gracious. ;)

Most mornings Cagney's was almost empty anyway.

I'll gladly (and I hope graciously) accept any gifts that NCL comes up with to reward my patronage. :D

Us too have been fortunate enough to get VIP treatment from NCL and we appreciate it very very much! Thanks NCL!

Potentially, yes. However her replacement (if she was not on the other 2-4 cruises...but her cabin was instead sold to someone else) would potentially spend the same.

She's asking why 3-5 cheaper trips aren't worth as much as 1 expensive trip... well, this is why. She's occupying a seat someone else would have occupied....so no new net revenue on those 'extra' trips she's taking.

You remade my point for me. Their 3 - 5 trips would generate more onboard revenue than your 1 trip, be it 1 person or 3 - 5 different people. It is all about butts in the seat as was shown in Cruise Inc.

John

Archived